SISO

Options
zerojunk
zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
Variation on CICO except I'm thinking sodium in sodium out. Should I just aim for 2300mg/day or take it down to like 1200-1500 for awhile to compensate for all the extra sodium I was ingesting?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Are you having problems with high or low blood pressure? When I have a higher sodium meal, I drink some extra water. It doesn't effect your progress, other than the scale reads higher because of water weight, nothing to do with actual fat gain.
  • zerojunk
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Are you having problems with high or low blood pressure? When I have a higher sodium meal, I drink some extra water. It doesn't effect your progress, other than the scale reads higher because of water weight, nothing to do with actual fat gain.

Blood pressure is fine right now. It was up to 130/82 though, which is when I found this site.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    There are many reasons for high blood pressure. Did your doc tell you to reduce sodium? Perhaps just aim for the 2300 for now and see how it effects you. I eat mostly whole foods with occasional treats, and rarely add salt to my foods. I find that alone is enough to keep it under the recommended levels.
  • zerojunk
    Options

nutmegoreo wrote: »
    There are many reasons for high blood pressure. Did your doc tell you to reduce sodium? Perhaps just aim for the 2300 for now and see how it effects you. I eat mostly whole foods with occasional treats, and rarely add salt to my foods. I find that alone is enough to keep it under the recommended levels.

The doctor said don't worry about it at this point, probably just stress. I just noticed I was taking in 3000mg or more when I started logging my diet on here. Cardio seems to have gotten rid of the high blood pressure though. The Doc says my health is great.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Then I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Focus on exercise and healthy diet. Enjoy some treats. Rinse and repeat.