I'm really upset about dinner

Options
okay long story short I lost 50lb from pregnancy almost back to normal weight and tonight my almost mother in law marinates the chicken in kens lite dressing I look in the fridge it looks like she used half the bottle on 4 prices of chicken only have 300 cal left and wasn't planning on my chicke to have that much on it and I didn't wanna be rude but I'm really upset... I usually measure what I marinade.... Sigh and she also knows I'm careful about what I eat

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    its marinating...youre not eating all that dressing.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    and besides, its only one dinner. its not going to make you gain your 50 lbs back. drink extra water and workout extra tomorrow.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know that much I just am not sure how much actually seeps in; I guess it only seeps when it's cut into.
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The good news about marinade is it's not a soup. You won't be drinking it.so you won't be getting all those calories.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    ^^^ what crazymama said!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Don't worry about seepage :) You can be safe with assuming 1-2 T total intake
  • abzbargs
    abzbargs Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh I know the feeling. My mother is the first to point out my weight, but when I visit the biscuits come out! It is one meal... just put it down to a lesson learned.
  • zombierockstar69
    Options
    Geez I know that feeling!!! Don't be afraid to speak your mind, those of us who have a disciplined diet, vegetarian, don't eat certain foods, etc. go through this every so often. You can either reject the chicken or if you don't want to hurt her feelings cut down the portion size and maybe have a side salad or clear broth soup with that.

From experience, most of my family lives in Texas and it's all about BBQ over there!!! I always have to remind them that I'm a vegetarian then take small portions of meatless food (=

We've all been there so don't fret over hurting anyones feelings.
  • woodsie1979
    woodsie1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    enjoy the meal and log what you eat, half the battle is being honest with yourself about the amount you consume and the exercise you do.

One day of going over is not going to put you back to the begining x
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't you be THANKING her for making dinner? I'd slap anyone for complaining about someone not making their dinner correctly. I also assume she's making dinner for more than just YOU so it's for everyone.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    Thanks for all of your help I'm not real strict but when it's a good day it's a good day at
    Least one day a week I'll go over , I just wish she would of asked- I'm sure it won't be a million cal I just get discouraged easy
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    She's marinading, we bought the chicken and the dressing - my boyfriend is making the dinner so mind your business if your gonna be rude.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about seepage :) You can be safe with assuming 1-2 T total intake

If even that much. Marinade is used to permeate proteins with flavor and to break down the more fibrous tissue and make the meat tender. I did an experiment once out of curiosity and measured my marinade before, marinated my meat and then measured what was left after I was done. I couldn't get all the leftover marinade out of the ziplock bag and even with that, I wasn't down more than one tablespoon :) No reason to sweat this ... it is (literally) the 'small stuff' :)
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ignore any unsupportive comments, not what you need. Im sure you are appreciative of her help, but are worried about your weight, which is completely understandable.
    as its a marinade i shouldnt worry too much, hardly anything 'seeps in' so just scrape off what is too much from your portion of chicken when dishing up. if anyone says anything, just say its got a stronger taste than normal or something coz non dieters do not understand anything about calories and the importance of sticking to our limits so no point at all telling them the truth coz it will only lead to a debate with them thinking they are right (espec if they are an older generation) and like the others have said, if it is unavoidable for whatever reason for you to do this, dont panic, dont hate yourself or mother in law, just remember you'll have to do an extra 10mins or so exercise tomorrow, or just eat fewer potatoes tonight, and if you still cant manage that either, still dont panic, remind yourself ITS ONLY ONE MEAL!!! :-) as long as you dont let it get to you and carry on determined the rest you will be fine :-)

good luck xx
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    Thanks! I was just unsure of how it would turn out and I didny think it would be anymore than what I usually ate but I usually count my dressing :)
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    Dinner Went well I just counted 2 tbsp of it rather than what I usually put on it and shook it before it went on the grill so instead of 13 cal I put 50. I had it in a salad with a tsp of dressing :)