Bargain food hunting in the UK

Options
After seeing another thread I thought I might make this 1 since it will apply to a specific area.
Aldi has a "Super 6" in store which is bargain priced seasonal fruit and veg.
Lidl also has cheap mini selection to draw the eye in the hope of spending a little more in store.
Many supermarkets run the offers and if you don't mind travelling about for a full weeks shop, then you could save a few bob.
Also going about an hour or less before the store closes can fetch home some gobsmacking bargains. If you are not too proud to hunt for reduced stickers, then fill your boots :-)
I will add whatever bargains to be had when I have been shopping and please feel free to add your finds
Lets help our pockets together so they weigh more, not US!

Replies

• ValerieSW
    ValerieSW Posts: 32
    Options
    I went to Asda the other day after work (about 7pm) and there was a guy in the fruit aisle with 2 crates of strawberries marking them down from £2 to 10p! He'd found them in the back of the store and they were outdated for that day so they needed to sell them quick!
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yeah there is always good mark-down deals to be had.

I particualrly look out for the ready to eat chicken portions which are usually about £2-£3 or 2 for £5. You can usually pick them up when they're marked down for about £1.30-50 and they still have days left on use by.
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Brilliant when that happens lol. Never been sure of meat unless it hasn't oxysidised but at the end of the day it usually looks pretty bad. Yes bread is the same, a loaf from over a pound for pennies. Saw a 15kg bag of spuds last week marked down to 50p but it would have cost the difference to in date to get a taxi back. Also walking to the store an back saves money too. I walk over 5 miles there and back to town and carry a backpack for my super bargains!