Canned tuna

Options
13»

Replies

• Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just bought canned tuna for the first time, never really eaten the stuff before and im looking for some good ways to incorporate it into my food :) boyfriend says to eat it with mayo but id rather not. How do you guys eat it?

I'm a fan of tuna but I only buy the packs, I've tried to get away from canned items. I enjoy my tune on my brown & wild rice with fresh pico de gallo and a sprinkle of jalapeño cheese. High protein, good carbs.
  • MissouriMommy3
    MissouriMommy3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been adding 1/2 a can to my scrambled eggs. I like it.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I often have it for lunch at work

I like to mix it with pasta ( hot or cold), couscous, roasted vegies, brown rice.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    With cottage cheese and a ton of mustard. It is a protein bomb (perfect when I know I'm falling really short on protein or want to gorge on pasta for dinner while still keeping my macros somewhat around goal).
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    mayo makes it palatable

Any alternatives to mayo then? Ive never been a big fan of the stuff.

My yoga instructor mentioned using avocado in the place of mayo. I haven't tried it yet since my avocados are sitting like rocks on the counter
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    NJCJF wrote: »
    mayo makes it palatable

Any alternatives to mayo then? Ive never been a big fan of the stuff.

My yoga instructor mentioned using avocado in the place of mayo. I haven't tried it yet since my avocados are sitting like rocks on the counter

Ugh I feel you, I bought a bunch yesterday at the farmer's market but there still so hard I could play baseball with them. Patience lol

• modeldaniellemarie
    modeldaniellemarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like draining the tuna and then mixing it with 3 Tbsp black bean & corn salsa, 2 Tbsp pico de gallo and 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar... Mix and eat with tortilla chips. Sounds weird, but it's amazing
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I'd always mix it with lawry's lemon pepper marinade instead of mayo, and then some additional fresh cracked pepper.

nsy8razlf4e0.jpeg