I'm down to 120!! need to maintain.

Options
hiphop10
hiphop10 Posts: 135 Member
edited March 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
My life style has really changed and now I am very active and I need to find out how many calories I should be consuming for my heigth at 5'4". Presently I am consuming 1100-1200 daily. I am small boned. any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You can eat more than that, it takes a bit of trial and error - how much were you losing per week on those cals? thats how you know how much you need to add back in.
    I'm slightly smaller and maintain my weight on 2200 calories approx. (I'm very active)

Well done on reaching goal :smile:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    As runrutheerun said, you need to up your calories to maintain your new weight, congratulations.

MFP will give you your maintenance calories NEAT, don't forget you need to eat back your exercise calories. 50-75%.

If you want to maintain using the TDEE method, which has your exercise included in calorie goal, try Fitnessfrog.
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Your calories will go up a few hundred a day as you were eating minimum to lose. You may find it easier, mentally and physically, to up your calories slowly 50-100 calories over a few weeks.

Cheers, h.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I maintain on what you're eating, but I have Saturday to eat whatever the heck I want. I don't even log on Saturday but I'm guessing it's 2 - 3000 cals.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You eat more...put your stats and activity level into this calculator...it calculates stuff like that.
  • hiphop10
    Options
    Thank you I checked out the link to fitness frog and I should be eating 1775 calories a day to maintain. So I will get my calories to what they advise me.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    hiphop10 wrote: »
    Thank you I checked out the link to fitness frog and I should be eating 1775 calories a day to maintain. So I will get my calories to what they advise me.

That would be a good start. If after a couple of months you find yourself steadily gaining or losing small amounts of weight you can take it from there and tweak your calories up/down.
  • hiphop10
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good support thank you!