First day using MFP - second day new dietary lifestyle

Options
I have been looking for a good calorie tracking system and not only did I find that but I found much more. I didn't realize until I logged in on the computer that this was actually a community. I look forward to not only losing this weight but making new friends as well. I have developed some serious health issues that have added more weight to me and I was overweight to begin with. I came to the realization on Sunday that I couldn't stand being in my own skin anymore. My daughter is helping me figure out what I need to do as far as dieting to help reduce this weight in a big hurry. If I don't I am going to have to seriously consider weight loss surgery and I want to try to do it without that if I can. This weight has become a burden in more ways than one. So here I go, working on a new mind set as well as eating plan.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site for motivation, inspiration, encouragement and accountability.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i like your thoughts, similar to mine in that, this is a new journey, not a diet. I have been here almost a month and i really like all the nice folks and support.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey....one day at a time!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place!! Just stick to the plan and log everything you put into your mouth and you will lose weight! I've been losing 2 lbs. a week since starting MFP. I LOVE it!! Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • JaimeLas
    JaimeLas Posts: 4
    Options
    You are on the right track! Have you considered a high protein/low carb diet? I actually had a friend who was required to go on a high protein/low carb diet before she was eligible for weight loss surgery. She actually lost 25 lbs. in one month. Best of luck to you!
  • RainyMel
    RainyMel Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome!
    All I'm doing is trying to cut down on sugars. Just after breakfast there have been way too many! I'm not so concerned about calories because I don't eat much in a day, but the sugars just kill me.

Good luck, and have fun (:
  • HarpandWings
    Options
    I appreciate all the comments, it means a lot to get such an immediate response. In answer to JaimeLas, yes my daughter is helping me figure out a good food plan that is low in carbs. I have been trying to limit what I have been eating but have continued to gain weight. I am now dealing with swelling in my legs and feet. The doctor took me off a medicine that he thought was causing the swelling about 4 weeks ago and put me on a strong water pill, but I have continued to swell. He has doubled the dose and wants me to have a doppler scan done on my legs. I am so tired of testing with all the other health issues that have developed since April 1 (yeah - april fools day found me in the hospital) that I have put that on hold. I have to really watch that I don't become depressed over all this mess. So I am really glad this turned out to be more than just a calorie tracking app I found on my phone.