I want to share all my before/after pics with you! Size 16 to size 2 (60 lbs lost)!

Options
jpore
jpore Posts: 37 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
It has been three years since I decided to make changes in my life. When I was at the gym yesterday a random woman came up to me and told me that I inspired her. She was struggling with her own weight loss and had been watching me transform over the last few years. She said that she didn't come to the gym very often, but when she did she would often see me and the changes she saw in my body were so dramatic that it gave her hope that she could do the same. She has even told other people about me, and how amazing my transformation is. I could barely respond to her, I just burst into tears. And then she burst into tears and we hugged each other.

I know that I have inspired other people in my life to make changes to their lifestyles, but I had no idea that I could also influence the lives of complete strangers. This is truly amazing. When I first started the success stories posted here on myFitnessPal pulled me through some tough times, hopefully my story can do the same for someone else.

I am 148 lbs at 5'6'' and I lost 60 lbs in two years, and I have kept that weight off for a year and have been focusing on strength training.

j1fisirre0ch.jpg

I was the heaviest I had ever been and I just felt so stuck. I joined a gym and weighed in at a whopping 210 lbs, at 5'6'' I just couldn't believe that I had gotten over 200 lbs. I decided that I would never see that number again. My first step was just to get into a routine, I started going to group exercise classes at the gym and making very small changes to my diet. As time went on these constant small changes turned into a completely different lifestyle. It would have been completely impossible to go from how I ate three years ago to how I eat today overnight.

1pr1va2psh3v.jpg
These are the jeans I used to wear when I first started, they are a size 16 and I am now a size 2.

At first progress was really slow, I think it took me about four months to loose that first ten pounds. I was definitely holding myself back mentally, making excuses, pretending I was eating less than I actually was, and just feeling crappy about myself. It wasn't until I got real with myself and realized that whether I would be successful or not was 100% due to how hard I worked. So I stop making excuses and I stayed persistent. There were periods of time where the weight just fell off, and there were periods where the scale didn't move at all, but either way I kept going.

9iy2y1qohvxr.jpg
These used to be my goal jeans, they were a size 10. I was really excited in the picture on the left when they finally fit. Now they are way too big!!

ykdtzqux91qi.jpg
This was my next pair of goal jeans that I went out and bought, size 6.

These pictures are all taken during various stages of my journey. You can use which iphone I am holding for a rough timeline!
3on5sz2wlbcr.jpg

kwq237pb8myj.jpg

wdge3tiknlkp.jpg

q7yrxbtl7g9u.jpg

w5jtahjfieqm.jpg

5ywxg3his79v.jpg

Currently I am focusing on strength training and I do total body workouts three days a week, with a couple of step classes and some volleyball thrown in as well each week. When I kept my calories around 1600 when I was really trying to get the weight off. Now I am eating around 1850 keeping an eye on my protein intake for the day.

If you are struggling yourself, just remind yourself of one thing. You can either quit and definitely never reach your goals and feel just as unhappy as you already do forever, or you can decide to just keep trying one more day and see where it takes you. Have faith in yourself and what you are capable of.

I take new friends requests here on myfitnesspal.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey, you worked hard for it and definitely deserves your success. The words in your last paragraph are so true.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    An amazing journey! Thanks for sharing.
  • bzcg2010
    bzcg2010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am inspired...
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to share!! So inspiring!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Super fabulous accomplishment! Your body is totally different now. You are a total hottie! And it's so awesome that you did it the healthy and sustainable way. Congrats!
  • Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story ! And you look wonderful!
  • sianeve1
    sianeve1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    inspiring!! i'm around the same size (size 12/14) and your loss is truly goals! I will actually head to the gym tomorrow now, thank you!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Your story will no doubt inspire many others. Kudos to you on all that you have accomplished!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • lpellicer
    lpellicer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I loved looking through your photos! It's undeniable that you were gorgeous before and after, but I am so happy for you that you worked to get healthier and more fit! Enjoy the new and improved you!!!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Well done, you look amazing.
  • reyes91583
    reyes91583 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Waooo amazing change,congratulations!
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i can see why she was inspired by you! you look terrific!
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look great ! Very inspirational
  • jenanne175
    jenanne175 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Dang homie
  • jpore
    jpore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind words everyone!!
  • lisavisc
    lisavisc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!!
  • badassbeaver
    badassbeaver Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!