24lbs to lose in 7 months. What's your goal?

Options

Replies

• saigrundy
    saigrundy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    this is the first time i DONT have a weight loss goal in terms of a set number. I have easily gained 10 lbs of muscle, my body looks great, and I am fitting back into my 'skinny' clothes. I gained about 30 lbs with breast cancer (the cancer patients in movies are liars. cancer can make you fat, too. breast cancer makes almost everyone gain weight).

since having to really consider my health and not just vanity, I haven't been on the scale too much this time around. Just at doc appts. I am "heavier" than I was at my pre-cancer weight, and loving it.
  • Honest_Angie
    Honest_Angie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a long term goal to lose 100-150 lbs by my graduation in two years. (Because I don't want to be 'that fat girl' at my own graduation ceremony). But since the thought of losing that much weight makes me sad and depressed, I also have set very small and reasonably obtainable, short-term goals. I have reached my first goal, of losing my first ten pounds. My second goal is to lose 25 lbs by the end of summer. My third goal is to lose another 25 - 30 lbs by the end of winter. From there I will reevaluate my goals at the beginning of next spring.
  • aleencarraec
    aleencarraec Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I actually need to lose 101 pounds to be in the healthy BMI range, but my overall goal is to lose 121 pounds in a year.. my numbers are ridiculously high compared to others'. I recently joined a gym, I'm about to go workout. I do over 1 hour of cardio a day, and eat clean now. I'll add you:)
  • honnie43
    honnie43 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting to hit 135 pounds :) I was 178 January 1 know 157.2 so I'm giving my self one year to try and lose it .
  • maplesyrup10
    maplesyrup10 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10lbs by graduation (for the pictures). I lost my first pound this week, woot woot! It would put me at 147, but really anything under 150 would be hitting a major goal. I haven't been under 150 for several years, probably 5. Here's to goals!!!!
  • honnie43
    Options
    You can do it :) great job every pound counts :)
  • greasor02
    greasor02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 40 lbs in eight months. I've been logging in my diary for five straight days...I have a long road ahead of me but I'm motivated.
  • geemariep
    geemariep Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Msanitag wrote: »
    Hello! Nice to meet you and congrats on starting. I'm Anita, I am working to lose body fat and have been off and on for 3 years. My goal is to get to 15%. I love working out and I also meal prep. Add me if you like! :) we can encourage each other
    I read it as "congrats on starving" lol gave me a good LOL since I'm just starting :)
  • honnie43
    Options
    Lol that's funny . Starving :) nice to meet you msanitag . I've started bit meal prep it's hard because I cook totally different for myself . Hubby and kids still eat a lot stuff I've given up on. But I try to work healthy stuff into there diets too I just replaced all the oil in our house to coconut oil and ghee :) little at a time .:)
  • geemariep
    geemariep Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm Gina and I'm looking to lose 18 pounds before June 11 - my wedding! That's just my first goal. I want to lose 70 in all. Feel free to add me :)
  • egrana1
    egrana1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    40 - 50lbs / 18% body fat in a year and I'll be happy
  • markymaximus
    markymaximus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about +/- 60lbs by end of September.
    5'3"
    HW:195 (was not pregnant at the time)
    CW:184
    GW:120

4 kids (including twin girls)
    I have a cruise in September that I am trying to get confident for.

Would love some more friends!

What cruise are you going on? Just curious because me and my wife are also going on a cruise in September for our anniversary. We are going on Royal Caribbean.
  • MTurnbull406
    MTurnbull406 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ideally I'd like to lose about 50, but if I look good before then I'd be happy! I of course would like to look good and build my confidence for summer!
  • santran773
    santran773 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just started intermittent fasting. Was at 205 lbs, and just lost 6 lbs in 13 days. Looking to get down to 175 lbs. But it's best to gain strength and take my time to get to my goal.
  • fontes830
    fontes830 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hoping to go down at least 11 more lbs! Goal is 115. But if I am 120 with good muscle definition, I'll be super happy :)
    Fitness goals are complete P90X and be able to do push ups and chin-ups.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 24lbs in 7 months - what's your goal?

Add me as friend!

So nice to see someone who has a realistic weight loss goal in mind of a healthy pound a week, rather than the constant influx of "I must lose 30lb in the next 3 weeks" posts. Well done and good luck to you. x
  • EsseyFitness
    EsseyFitness Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    My goal is to lose 24lbs in 7 months - what's your goal?

Add me as friend!

So nice to see someone who has a realistic weight loss goal in mind of a healthy pound a week, rather than the constant influx of "I must lose 30lb in the next 3 weeks" posts. Well done and good luck to you. x

Haha I know! It's not a realistic goal and even if you can do it, it's not maintainable! I'm only 5"3 and I'm 164lbs which puts me at nearly obese (although fitness wise, I'm above average as I do play a lot of sport) I want to be down to 140 by September but first goal is under 160 as I seem to be stuck here haha!
  • EsseyFitness
    EsseyFitness Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone's goals!! Keep them coming and keep adding me so we can help each other!
  • katelynzeisets
    katelynzeisets Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    50 ponds gone forever in 4 months! :) 50 more to goal will reach in 5 months :)
    Hw: 251.8
    Cw: 208.5
    Gw: 150
  • ErinPo
    ErinPo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm working out with a trainer now and my goal since Jan 1st was to lose 40 pounds by my birthday (July 1), which might have been doable but Jan & Feb were horrible for me and so I've recommitted as of March 1 - calling it my version of March Madness. So 40 lbs in 4 months? Maybe a little aggressive. But I'm keeping the goal as a motivator and even if I get halfway there, I'll be ecstatic.