Please help

Options
So I am a little confused on the whole calorie intake thing. Yes I know that in order to lose weight you have to burn more calories then you consume. But does that mean that I have to burn all of the calories that I have logged for the day? Can somebody please help me and explain how this whole thing works. Also please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Your body burns a ton of calories every day just keeping you alive. And you burn more calories doing your day-to-day activities. If you want an estimate of how many calories you might burn daily (keeping in mind that it's only an estimate) you can google a TDEE calculator and plug in your stats.

MFP takes all of this into account and gives you a calorie goal that should allow you to lose weight without having to burn any more calories through exercise.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MFP gives you a calorie goal based on your height, weight, activity level and how much you say you want to lose a week.
    You are supposed to eat all of those calories. MFP has given you a calorie deficit already with that number to lose weight. You will lose weight even if you do zero exercise.
    You are not supposed to burn off with exercise every calorie you log. Your body needs those calories to function. If you log exercise then MFP will tell you that you earned some more calories. You should eat a portion of those calories.
  • clutchitalian
    clutchitalian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Try to estimate how many calories u take in a day and drop that number slowly for weeks ur body will be forced to lose weight
  • RyanneS20
    RyanneS20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for clearing that up.