Feeling overwhelmed

Options
I've tried to do this more than once and I always quit within the first month. Any advice on how to stick with it? I just get sip overwhelmed with it all and end up just quitting.

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Do you have an addictive personality ?
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Start with exactly one commitment. Log everything you eat. That's it. Make that your only goal for the first month. The rest of everything can come later. It will be easier to make changes to your life once you have the habit of being honest about logging.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? And goals?
  • Claireraymond003
    Claireraymond003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you have an addictive personality ?

Yes. A very addictive personality lol
  • Claireraymond003
    Claireraymond003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I'm trying to get to 110 and right now I'm 125
  • cristalball
    cristalball Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't put a time limit on it, or choose what might sound like a long time to get to your goal - like a year. That way you don't have to calorie reduce as much. You can think of it as stopping further weight gain and slowly reducing a weight gain trend. Log your food. Don't starve yourself. Have some other goals besides the scale - fitness or macros or fitting better into a pair of pants that are a little snug now. Let yourself "mess up" and keep logging, because you've got time - a few days or weeks here and there of eating over is no big deal. Find some new foods to eat. Figure out what works for you - what helps you feel fuller, how many meals a day make you the most satisfied, when you like to eat, and when you just aren't really hungry. Find out what foods are high in calories and what foods are low in calories. Experiment. Treat it like a project not a burden. Some days you will have more time to dedicate to the project than others, and that's fine.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    What exactly is it that overwhelms you?
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I'm trying to get to 110 and right now I'm 125

Unless you're 4ft tall you will already be quite lean, so any weight loss is likely to be in very small increments, possibly even in quarter to half pounds a week. Is that what bothers you?
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you are around the 5ft mark so you are at a healthy weight .
    By all means you can achieve your goal but dropping the last 15 won't happen quickly as it would for a heavier obese person.
    Your deficit will need to be a small amount and you won't lose in large amounts.
    As one poster suggests try just logging as your goal then see what needs to change.
    Maybe working on body recomp , doing heavy lifting may give you the figure you desire without having to lose too much weight