I need help

Options
I have been struggling for the past month I wanna lose 20 pounds so bad but always fail and go binge on sugar and carbs I can't stop either I do great during the week but fail on the weekends what do I do to reach my goal and to stop eating sugar and messing up my week for me every time help please

Replies

• marinawalker2015
    marinawalker2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Abby, idle time is a killer for me. Sounds like your weekends may not be active enough. I try to stay out of the house when I'm feeling bored. If I'm in the house I tend to circle the kitchen like a vulture. Take a walk, go to the library. Take a drive. Just get your head out of the diet game for a bit. I also try to have a bag of fresh carrot sticks, cucumbers, celery in the fridge. If I find myself reaching for a bite, I try to go for the bag. It gives me a little mental satisfaction and I can say, see I can do this. I struggle with the scale. I've taken it out of the room. I don't want to be emotionally attached to numbers. I want to gage my progress by how I feel. Hope this helped.
  • abbyk640
    abbyk640 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks do you think I should cut sugar out completely cause I cannot handle it like I binge on sweets. Or what's ur opinion on that
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a low carb diet. My cravings for sugar/carbs pretty much disappeared less than a week into eating this way.
    I started this woe because I was sick and tired of constantly being hungry and neeeding that sweet fix regularly.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    abbyk640 wrote: »
    Thanks do you think I should cut sugar out completely cause I cannot handle it like I binge on sweets. Or what's ur opinion on that
    Another approach may be leave enough to have one thing every day /every second day within your calories, this may help stop the must eat all sweets now as you have been"so good" not eating any all week.
    Or you could buy only one thing to have that day ... Not large and with no leftovers . If neither of these approaches work then perhaps cutting them completely for a few months while you get a handle on it will help. I found not having anything that was "mine " in the house helped when I started out ... Now I choose to have sweets very rarely and in one serve amounts only when I am out
  • abbyk640
    abbyk640 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What do you eat like how many carbs and everything like what is one day of eating like for you like meal plan
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am in maintanence my diary is open to friends and you are welcome to friend me if you like 5'3" female weigh 57 kg and maintain on around 1700 to 2000 a day 50%carb 30%fat 20% p , my diet is gluten free , if you are feeling tired and hunting sugar you might think about bumping up your calorie amount each day to help stop the bing a bit too. Sometimes losing less each week makes it easier to lose weight consistently and faster overall as you just keep plodding along
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Perhaps finding a way to work the carbs and sugars you crave into your calorie goal is the best way to approach a weekend binge situation. I'd also binge on carbs and sugar if I didn't eat them during the week. Are you able to work some sort of small treat into your daily calorie goal without binging? If so, that may be a better approach. If you aren't depriving yourself during the week, you may find yourself less likely to binge on the weekend. Perhaps you can try that approach for a few weeks and see how it works. If it doesn't work, then a different approach may be better for you.