Snacks to gain weight

Options
Hello, can anyone recommend any snacks I could eat between meals? I find it really difficult to get all the calories I need in a day because I never really have an appetite(I've always been like this). Since I struggle to eat meals, I'm thinking I could just try and get my calories through snacks. I'm a 19 year old female and I don't even get 900 calories a day. I just need some ideas for snacks, thanks.

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    if you don;t have much of an appetite, snacks may not work out for you but, ones high in calories in the smallest servings would be best to pick for you i think. i like the energy squares from nuts.com, they are on the healthy side and 3 small squares (45g or so) has over 200 calories and they are pretty tasty IMO.

personally i would get more calories from drinking them, easier to do when you don't have an appetite.
    quick milkshakes, either with ice cream & bananas/etc or frozen bananas & whole milk with extras like hemp hearts/flax seeds/etc. can add up in calories. big 24oz cup of chocolate whole milk everyday (did that back in the day along with a banana for months, my weight definitely went up), supplement nutritional shakes/smoothies between meals help too and not only will they give you extra calories but, also the nutrients you may be lacking from eating so little.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue as you! I'm thinking drinking my calories away would be much easier to do...I mean one of those Starbucks mocha frappe drinks is 500 calories! Not that I want to start consuming 'junk' in order to get the calories though. Perhaps sneaking in some extra oils, full fat yogurts/milks or some of the suggestions for smoothies from 'Sylvie' would be helpful?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter

Full fat dairy
  • tpdinh
    tpdinh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat the Costco Kirkland snacking nuts which come in a big box of 30 bags. 270 calories per bag. I also eat granola bars from Costco. 100 calories per bar. I eat a low sugar Yogurt which is about 100 calories each. I drink whey protein and drink it with 6oz of soy milk. A scoop of whey with milk is abt 200 calories.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Dried fruit, Trail-mix, Half a bagel if you can't eat a whole one. Are you active? If you become active in one way or another that may stimulate your appetite. Did for me anyways. Good luck :-)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nuts, granola, avocado, peanut butter, full fat cheese/dairy, cookies, brownies, chocolate bars...
  • borrego6193
    borrego6193 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2 peanut butter sandwiches on wheat bread 4 table spoons of jif peanut butter with 1 banana, sliced up and put into each sandwich with ur protein, damn so much for being a snack sorry I turned it into a meal lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nuts, milk based drinks, peanut butter...