fed up :(

Options
Don't worry I've not gone and eaten a whole pizza or a chinese take away or that piece of cheesecake that's always in the back of my mind. I would have done if I hadn't of read some of the messages on here. I know how really bad I would feel.
But today... I just can't explain. I lost three pounds last week! 3!! But today, I've just felt like I was getting nowhere. I looked in the mirror...didn't see any difference, tried on old clothes, yeah they were a little loose, but... I dunno I guess I wanted more for the three months of dedication. Don't get me wrong I'm in this for the long haul and I usually take every day as it comes but today I'm fed up. My friend asked if I'd lost anymore weight since I last saw her a month a go. (Yeah you idiot I've lost half a stone but I'm not supposed to tell you that!) I let that one go, then her sister said I should try counting my calories and exercising more. (oh really, is that what I'm supposed to be doing. I hadn't thought of that!)Then I tried a run and got a stitch so decided to go swimming but they were shut for the night.
so in all I think it's best if I just go to bed and hope tomorrow I'm back to normal. I'm currently reading motivational stories and they are making me feel a tiny bit better but... usually I'm so excited about all this and today well I'm fed up :(

Replies

• wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Don't give up! You've gotten this far, why turn around? Try to relax tonight. Take a nice bubble bath and listen to your favorite music! Tomorrow is a new day, and it will be better!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    We all have our down days. I often get that feeling... Especially as i've been doing this since beginning of October and the past 6 months i've lost barely 10lb. You realise you've lost a fair bit but then you sometimes feel just as fat and uncomfortable. You're just having one of those days. Think positive and hopefully you'll feel a little better about everything tomorrow x
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! We've all been there and we all have off days and weeks! Just keep going and you will do great! :-D
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    sounds like a grump day...i have those.

A day where it doesn't matter what good news I get, I focus on the negative and get cranky and *****y and feel like obstacles are everywhere I turn.

Tomorrow will be a better day...
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! You can do it!!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you a hit a bump. It happens to all of us. The fact is you ARE loosing weight!!! As much as we wish, it's not going to just slide off :/ Too easy to get it on, so hard to take it off. Just don't loose fret, you are doing great!!

If you are not seeing the results you want, review your diet.. is your sodium and sugar low? Are carbs semi-low and protein high? Are you doing any cardio exercise? Maybe not do MORE, but just increase the intensity. I think you are doing great... DON'T QUICK!!

Saw a neat post from a friend today that I have in my head now.. this is not a race to win quick.. No need to rush, slow and steady wins the race! This is a battle we are ALL in and we can do it!! ♥
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    youve come so far stick at it dont give up! you can do this!!!
    tomorrow is a different day :smile:
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Don't worry - tomorrow new day, new things!!!!
    Keep your head up!!! I'm rootin for you!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day!

Yeh i know it sounds corny, but it's true!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Opps, lol.. meant to say **DON'T QUIT!!!**
  • dHowe4406
    dHowe4406 Posts: 114
    Options
    I have the same feeling right now. And I have had it before it does go away. Just keep up the work and it will pass.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, tomorrow is a new day. I KNOW I will feel better then.
    I am in this for slow and steady wins the race
    I AM doing fine!
    I WILL be my own cheerleader!
    I WILL be positive!
    I WILL succeed!
  • hatchhome
    hatchhome Posts: 65
    Options
    I have hit the diet wall several times. Usually days when the scare let me down or I let it down. But those days will pass. Be strong. The sun will come out tomorrow as my best friend and wife always says
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    There is more to you than your weight and the scale. When I get discouraged I usually hit the pharmacy get a new skin care product, body buffer, pedicure stuff and really focus on one thing I LIKE about my body. Cool toenail polish, soft smooth skin, new hair color....Failing that I make another tattoo appointment!! LOL
    Cheers hon!!
    S
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    Ypu should read "Women, Food, and God" Don't worry if you are not religious, it really not about that. Is about how we as woman really look at food. We need to change our way of thinking and really understand ourselves and our body. I have change my mind frame on things. For me is no longer about what the scale says or what weight I should be because of my height. It's not about punishing myself and deprive myself of all the good things and yummy things in life. As a Marine I had so many regulations in staying in shape and always making my weight target or I would have to face the consequences. After I got out and had my first baby I still had about 45 pounds to loose. I did diets and even joined LA Weight Loss program. It was up and down for a few years then I decided to STOP THE MADNESS.....I needed to find something that would really keep the weight off and make me feel better about myself and how I looked in my clothes. I wanted to do it naturally with no pills or anything like that. Then I read that book, and WOW it has given a different perperctive on things. I don't think about the number on the scale anymore. I go for how I feel in my clothes. I looked at food differently. I have lost 8 pounds and really not killing myself or really depriving myself of treats. I have learned to listen to my body an really realize if I am really hungry, or I am just looking for something to do (which is often why we as women eat).......Yes, I did started excercising more, I have graduated from walking to running and even added some resistance training and ITS FUN!! I guess my advice is that WE are gonna have crappy days and that's normal, I want to eat the WORLD when Im on my period, and you know what, sometimes I DO....lol...the difference is that if you make good choices more often than not, you get to be "bad" or eat what you really want at that particular time. Life is about enjoying yourself, not punishing yourself. The word DIET is not even in my vocabulary anymore, people ask me if Im on a diet or what kind of diet am I doing? I usually just say, 'im on the get healthy and make right choice (more oftten than not) path" Now shake it off and keep your head up high you have accomplished a ton!!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days last week. :( You're doing great! We've ALL been there, and the fact that you're picking up and continuing on shows how kick *kitten* you are!
  • LaurieRny
    LaurieRny Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dont give up! I did and Iv put on 10lbs :( I lost 25lbs and now I have no motivation. I promise you its not worth it! Keep it up and remember we are all here to support you xoxo
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Got a stitch, and then the pool was closed?! Argh! That is so frustrating. How we deal with the easy days does not define us, how we deal with the difficult days. Good for you for sharing on MFP - I will use your entry as guidance for when this day inevitably comes my way. Thank you so much! :flowerforyou: