HELP!

K so I have just started the diet thing I'm 6'1 258 lbs (weight taken at noon) 32 year old Male.
I went from eating anything I wanted and being active in the gym with no Cardio.

I am on day 5 of a new program that has completely eliminated breads and bad carbs etc and I have been extremely strict consuming veggies(broccali, cauliflower, cucumber etc., fruits(berries and oranges) and proteins (chickens and fish)

I am consuming approximately 2500 calories a day. And have introduced vigorous Cardio every two days and am doing a different workout.... and consume at least 10 glasses of water a day.

I weighed myself today and I am 263 lbs...... just weighed myself it's 7 pm

Please is this just my body in shock or what?????????

Replies

• taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Change of muscle loading = water retention... nada mas
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    edited March 2016
    You increased exercise which causes water retention in your muscles and can mask weight loss. You also weighed yourself at a different time, with probably more food in your system. Pick one time of day to do this (most do first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking, with the same amount of clothing on) for the most consistent results and be patient.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    K so I have just started the diet thing I'm 6'1 258 lbs (weight taken at noon) 32 year old Male.
    I went from eating anything I wanted and being active in the gym with no Cardio.

I am on day 5 of a new program that has completely eliminated breads and bad carbs etc and I have been extremely strict consuming veggies(broccali, cauliflower, cucumber etc., fruits(berries and oranges) and proteins (chickens and fish)

I am consuming approximately 2500 calories a day. And have introduced vigorous Cardio every two days and am doing a different workout.... and consume at least 10 glasses of water a day.

unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to cut carbs (unless that is what you prefer). There is also no such thing as "bad carbs".

You say the word approximately which makes me think you are not accurately logging food. Unless you are usin a food scale to weigh all solids, you are likely eating more than you think. Measuring cups and eyeballing are notorious for being inaccurate.
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    For me, it doesn't work when I completely eliminate grain. I don't feel full or satiated and either have to put up with feeling hungry or I end up eating too much of everything else. I'm still careful about carbs, but some oatmeal in the morning and brown rice with my veg and protein for dinner works a lot better. I feel satisfied for less overall calories which equals weight loss.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    It is water weight from the exercise. Also, weigh in the mornings when you first get out of bed.
    Eat some pork chops and steak and dark meat chicken. They fit into your plan.
    Do weights. Depending on your overall goals, they will give more benefits than cardio.
  • stu424duggan
    stu424duggan Posts: 8 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »

unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to cut carbs (unless that is what you prefer). There is also no such thing as "bad carbs".

You say the word approximately which makes me think you are not accurately logging food. Unless you are usin a food scale to weigh all solids, you are likely eating more than you think. Measuring cups and eyeballing are notorious for being inaccurate.

No bad carbs.... please don't give me advice that is the most insane thing I have ever read
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member

No bad carbs.... please don't give me advice that is the most insane thing I have ever read

What makes certain carbs "bad" then?
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Maybe empty carbs ? Lots of carb: sugar low nutrients value for calories? , either way high performance cardio on low carb doesn't sound successful in the long run , balance between cardio and strength is good . Change in water balance for muscle repair might be it , but grab a food scale and weigh your food.
    Also weigh yourself same time , same clothes once a day max ... Chart and average to get a real idea of what is happening
  • stu424duggan
    KateTii wrote: »

What makes certain carbs "bad" then?

For sure :)

Simple carbohydrates are "bad carbs" they have simple to digest sugars and low in fibre they don't have any real value for the body.... example sodas, potatoe chips, white bread...

Complex carbohydrates are "good carbs" are made up of longer series of sugars which takes the body longer to digest, they also have a lower glycemic load so you get lower amounts of sugar... examples would be brown rice, peas, beans, oatmeal..
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Why do you think your body is in shock?!?! Because you weigh more in the evening after eating food all day?
    You do know that's normal right?

• stu424duggan
    Why do you think your body is in shock?!?! Because you weigh more in the evening after eating food all day?

Yea but I've used the same scale that time before

I don't know it's just feels defeating to me at the moment
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    After five or six or seven days, you cannot see a pattern emerging yet. Weight three weeks. I weigh once a day when I first get out of bed but I record only once a week. Some weeks I am exactly the same weight. Some weeks I go down. Be patient. Use other metrics: take a lot of "before" pictures and more along the way. Take measurements now and put them into MFP. You will see changes that will help you when the scale seems to be doing its own thing.
  • stu424duggan
    RodaRose wrote: »
    After five or six or seven days, you cannot see a pattern emerging yet. Weight three weeks. I weigh once a day when I first get out of bed but I record only once a week. Some weeks I am exactly the same weight. Some weeks I go down. Be patient. Use other metrics: take a lot of "before" pictures and more along the way. Take measurements now and put them into MFP. You will see changes that will help you when the scale seems to be doing its own thing.

Thank you :smile:
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member

Yea but I've used the same scale that time before

I don't know it's just feels defeating to me at the moment

Try only weighing once a day , same scale , most ( including me ) do it naked 1st thing in the morning , as a point of interest I can weigh up to 1.5 kilo more in the evening than I do in the morning , and maintaining my range can be up to 2 kilo in a month , food , waste water retention is all part of your weight and fluctuations are normal , gather a months worth of data , use an app like trend weight and try not to sweat on the scale .
    This is not a fast process
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Only ever weigh in the morning, no clothes, after bathroom. Weighing in the evening after a full day's eating and drinking is just plain dumb. Of course you'll be heavier then.

No such thing as a bad carb. I eat pretty much all of your evil little carbs and I'm losing.

You're probably retaining water from the new exercise regime but also your numbers are inaccurate because you're weighing at the wrong times.