Weight loss plateau.. But still loosing inches?

Options
Hey guys,

For the past three weeks or so I've totally plateaued on my weight loss which I'm actually okay with as I am still loosing inches and gaining muscle. I don't particularly mind about the scale on the number but I am curious - will the scale drop at some point or will I stay within the same weight range as I build up muscle and tone up?

Thanks!

Replies

• HashedBrowns
    HashedBrowns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you eat at a deficit, you will lose weight. If you are gaining muscle that implies you are performing work and eating atleast at maintenance. Muscle weighs more than fat. So essentially, it depends.

You could continue to build muscle while losing fat and remaining the same weight, until your fat drops to a certain % and muscle takes you over. In that scenario you would gain weight, but requires a calorie surplus, and the weight would be muscle, not fat.

You could continue what you are doing eating at maintenance, and you would never really gain weight. The more muscle you have, the higher your maintenance though, as a general rule.

Or, you eat at a deficit. Exercising and eating properly will minimize muscle loss. You'll lose weight, largely fat.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Re-evaluate how many calories you need in a day. If you have lost weight, there is a chance that you have gotten to the point that you are eating at a surplus.
  • katieboo93_
    katieboo93_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Dandelie wrote: »
    Re-evaluate how many calories you need in a day. If you have lost weight, there is a chance that you have gotten to the point that you are eating at a surplus.

I've only lost 8lb since January so I don't think that could be the case - although I have decreased my daily intake by 50cals. I don't want to reduce anymore as I'm only on 1350 which is good for me at the moment