Has anyone ever done the LesMills BodyPump class???

Options
Has anyone done it? How hard was it and what was it like? I really want to try it, but I'm kinda intimidated by it.

Replies

• igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Yes!! Every week, sometimes twice a week. I was intimidated at first too, but I am so glad I got over it and went. Just ask someone in the room how to set up. Make sure to keep the weights low! The first class is always killer :)
  • spelham15
    spelham15 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just did my first Body Pump class last night...loved it and will go back! You should give it a try!

My two pieces of advice are:
    1.) make sure the instructor knows you're new; and
    2.) don't try to impress anybody with how much weight you can do (start lighter than you think).

Enjoy :)
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've done it a lot. Its a lot of fun, well, depending on the instructor I guess. No need to be intimidated by it at all. Lots of people when they start, begin with zero or very very light (1kg) weights. The basic program is:
    Warm up
    Squats
    Back (clean and jerk, bent-over rows with narrow/wide grip)
    Chest (bench presses, maybe pushups)
    Triceps
    Biceps
    Shoulders
    Abs

The first time you go you should take it a bit easy, so you get used to the program, after that you should push yourself as much as you can.
    It isn't technically as efficient as a traditional, heavy weights, program, but its much more fun and motivating, so your likely to keep going back. And its definitely better than *not* doing a weights program at all!

Have fun!
  • VICKY_83
    VICKY_83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Its quite easy depending on weights I would start off small..... you never know till you have had a go...
  • DrkHarlequin
    Options
    Great advice. I am thinking of trying it soon and was scared to death about it until I read the post. Thanks.