Best at home workouts?

Options
I recently had to give up my gym membership. I need some calorie blasting workouts that I can do at home. Any suggestions?

Replies

• nmp6454
    nmp6454 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love P90x and P90x3.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or there are tons of workout channels on youtube. I like Yoga with Adriane
  • Fizeau
    Fizeau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There was something called NerdFittness (i think) that was all body weight exercises.
  • wobchunk
    wobchunk Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Zumba fitness on the Wii, I love it and can't get enough if it.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i love love love body combat. i buy the dvds off ebay. i have a real good diffeent collection of them now so the workouts vary and i dont get bored.
  • bepperson30
    bepperson30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels videos. They work multiple muscles at a time and are farely difficult. Her videos I love: HardBody (45 mins each and is really hard), 30 Day Shred ( 25 mins each, gets your heart rate up but not as hard for advanced people), Kickboxing (20 mins each and good cardio)
  • klyn2016
    klyn2016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did workout DVD's for years (after my son was born and then again started after my daughter was born). Turbo Fire, Insanity, P90X (and P90X3), 21 Day Fix. All great workouts. I recently ditched them though because I have done them so much im completely bored and tired of doing them ha! I went on Pinterest and typed in workouts using my own body weight and using dumbells and bands and tons of different exercises came up so now I have been making my own daily workout routine using the exercises I find online. YouTube also has something called Body Project too!
  • MuriTR
    MuriTR Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jillian Michaels fan aswell. I recently finished Body Revolution and am currently doing Bodyshred which is seriously hard! I love both of them though.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com
  • InsaneMontae
    InsaneMontae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    svincec222 wrote: »
    I recently had to give up my gym membership. I need some calorie blasting workouts that I can do at home. Any suggestions?

Depends on your goals!! What are you looking to accomplish?
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did my first fitness blender kettlebell workout on youtube. It shows how much calories are burned (average) on left side of screen. 45 min workout = 300 calories, I bought a 25 lb kettlebell for $45
  • bamfgoals
    bamfgoals Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Beachbody's workout DVDs (P90X, Turbofire, Insanity, etc.) are consistently awesome, but cost a pretty penny. Jillian Michaels DVDs are also pretty tough and much more affordable (plus are normally available at Walmart/Target). If your local library is the kind to carry DVDs, I'd go see what kind of selection they have! A quick search told me my library has 100+ exercise DVDs available :)
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    FitnessBlender.com

I second this. They also have a channel on YouTube. Tons of workouts to choose from!
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love the Beachbody workouts as well ( P90x, Insanity, T25, Piyo, Chalene Extreme).
  • DeanneScott2
    DeanneScott2 Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MuriTR wrote: »
    I'm a Jillian Michaels fan aswell. I recently finished Body Revolution and am currently doing Bodyshred which is seriously hard! I love both of them though.

Me too. I have done the 30 day shred and now am doing the 6 week six pack. Then after that it will be Ripped in 30. I have never been so motivated in my life! She really works for me.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Youtube: Fitness Blender, GymRa, BodyFit By Amy, BodyRock, Tone It Up, Yoga With Adriene, BeFit, Athlean-XX, HangTightwMarC

Workout DVDs: Insanity, T25, Insanity Max 30

You can invest in a TRX/suspension trainer, some kettlebells, dumb bells, some resistance bands.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Love Jillian
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Fizeau wrote: »
    There was something called NerdFittness (i think) that was all body weight exercises.

I'm doing the Nerdfitness programme at home and really enjoying it!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • loire0791
    loire0791 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I do all my workouts at home in my lounge room via YouTube or dvds.
    I especially love step workouts with AngieFitnessTV and Jenny Ford. AngieFitnessTV also has many other types of workouts including tabata/circuit, weights, hi/low impact aerobics, fitball, pilates, etc -- check her out.
    FitnessBlender are great for cardio/tabata/weights and have 5 week challenges etc.
    But yes like others agree here, I really like Jillian Michaels workouts, especially the Shred It and No More Trouble Zones.
    I also bought the Debbie Siebers Slim n 6 for the workout dvds only, not the weightloss, because she uses only a tiny amount of floor space (and I have a very small lounge room and bedroom) but you get fantastic cardio and strength workouts. Well worth it for the $79.95 as there is about 4 different workouts plus bonus abdominals, stretching and thighs.
  • Heatherp45
    Heatherp45 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    someone mentioned the beachbody dvds being expensive, but there is now beachbody on demand, which is only $13 a month and the first month is free. i am using this and it helps because I get bored doing the same things over and over. it has insanity, p90x, 21 day fix, body beast and whole bunch more :smile: