Protein Bars

Options
ladylu11
ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
there are sooo many to choose from, I'm not sure which are the best. I really like the Snickers Marathon and the Lara Bars. Any suggestions?

Replies

• funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars, especially the chocolate deluxe. I like them because they only have 3 grams of sugar and the chocolate is low sodium too.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Usana protein bars are my favorite
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tclausewitz
    tclausewitz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the ones made by Healthwise - I've never seen them in stores, I get them at my doctor's office or online. Low carb, about 15g of protein, and really good!
  • mamastevie
    Options
    I like Kellogg Fiber Plus bars and Fiber One 90 cal bars.
  • anjelyc23
    anjelyc23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I saw a nutritionist and she said the Pure Protein is the best option.
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    You have to be careful when it comes to protein bars, a lot of them are made for bulking up. (quick cals) Kashi puts out several good protein bars low in cals., taste good too.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I eat the P90X protein bars...not chewy, great taste and very nutritional!
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Big fan of the pure protein ones. Lower calories (180-200) and sugar, but really high in protein.
  • sallen67
    sallen67 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also like the pure protein bars.
    I like the fact that you can get them in two different size/calorie servings.

I also like their protein shake. Trader Joe's, WalMart, Target and The Vitamin Store all carry it.
    It also comes in two portion/calorie sizes and a variety of flavors.

Scott
  • hdpotts51
    hdpotts51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really like Thinkthin bars. Yum! Sugar free and about 20g of protein.
  • sunnygal1
    sunnygal1 Posts: 39
    Options
    I second the Pure Protein bars. I think they taste the best out of all of the others that I have tried, and they actually only have 2 grams of sugar. I like the Chocolate and Peanut Butter, the Peanut Butter Caramel Surprise, the Blueberry Cheesecake, and the Chocolate Deluxe. They sell them individually at Fresh Market stores, in boxes of 6 at Walmart, or to save the most, you can subscribe to have them shipped to you automatically from Amazon.com. Through Amazon, they come out to be around $0.89 per bar. Not bad!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    CLIF BUILDER BARS! So tasty, 20g of protein, high in carbs so they're best for post-workout... my faves are chocolate mint, lemon, and vanilla almond. I buy them separately at whole foods or kroger, you can also buy a box of 6 (chocolate or peanut butter) for about $7 almost anywhere. Delicious and filling.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Best Protein bars, HANDS DOWN: EAS Myoplex Carb Control. 28g of carbs, 25g of protein. And DELICIOUS.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    CLIF BUILDER BARS! So tasty, 20g of protein, high in carbs so they're best for post-workout... my faves are chocolate mint, lemon, and vanilla almond. I buy them separately at whole foods or kroger, you can also buy a box of 6 (chocolate or peanut butter) for about $7 almost anywhere. Delicious and filling.

Clif builders are a close second to EAS MYoplex Carb Control bars.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love the The Zone bars, they have a nice variety, high in Protein and they fill me for a while and they taste very good. I tried a few other that tasted good too, but they did not fill me up for long.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I really like larabars, but they aren't protein bars exactly. They are all natural, and have very few ingredients (as in no preservatives!) and most have lots of nuts. But if you're looking to significantly increase your protein, I would go with something else.
  • destiny637
    destiny637 Posts: 79
    Options
    Pure Protein are the very best that I have found -- Protein bars tend to have a ton of sugar (some over 20g!). Pure Protein bars only have a couple grams of sugar, 20g of protein, and the best part is, they taste awesome!!
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my doctor suggested supreme protein bars and i love them! about 180-200 calories, 15g protein and they're carb conscious