Coffee help?!?!?

Options
jennmoore3
jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
I found a older man who roasted his own coffee beans and grounded them and flavored them. He was at a fair we went to a few months ago. I bought some of the wonderful coffee, and ever since I have been with MFP, I have been scared to have some, because I have no clue about the calories. I think that I am over thinking things. With his coffee, I only have to add a tiny bit of sugar instead of a ton of sugar and creamer/hot chocolate like I used to. I used to have coffee with a packet of hot chocolate added instead of creamer, it is wonderful by the way. Anyways, back to the topic,

Should I worry about the coffee calories, or just quit worrying and drink up. I usually have about 1-2 cups a day. not much at all, compared to other people I know.

Replies

• waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    Options
    I usually don't worry about coffee, unless it's a frappe or mocha from Starbucks. I always use splenda and a tsp of creamer in mine at home. I'd say go ahead and enjoy it.:drinker:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    AFAIK, black coffee doesnt have many calores, 5-10 per cup. But those starbuck's stuff is a different story. :)
  • dga1972
    dga1972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think its what you put IN the coffee that matters. I still have my 2 cups/day, but I only put 1/2 &1/2 in mine, still makes it a low cal/low sugar drink compared to most coffee or specialty drinks.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'd research other flavored coffee blends and see what their calorie count is and then use that as a rough estimate.
  • tn2010
    Options
    I'd research other flavored coffee blends and see what their calorie count is and then use that as a rough estimate.

I just did it for you...no added calories. Drink up! :drinker:
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would say that it depends on what he has mixed in the coffee. I always use Coffeemate's Fat Free French Vanilla creamer and Splenda.
  • tn2010
    Options
    Maybe I am misinterpreting your question, but it sounds like you have flavored coffee BEANS that you brew yourself? That's a no-calorie win! If you are talking about brewed coffee with flavoring added in, that's a different story.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am misinterpreting your question, but it sounds like you have flavored coffee BEANS that you brew yourself? That's a no-calorie win! If you are talking about brewed coffee with flavoring added in, that's a different story.

This cute lil old man roasts them in his driveway with flavor, then when I order the beans he grounds them for me. I only add a bit of Splenda into the coffee after I make it!

YEAH!! Thanks to everyone who answered my question. I have been craving the coffee but didn't want to mess up on calories! Woo Hoo! Coffee for me tomorrow morning!