Who doesn't have a goal weight?

Replies

• Skillet007
    Skillet007 Posts: 55 Member
    I came up with a number for my mom, actually. I told her 180, which she said was too low (even though that's what the charts say). I agree with her because I've always been a pretty muscular guy, so I just target somewhere between 190 and 210. I'm the same with everyone else, though. I'll know I'm good when I'm good.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have a goal but I'm pretty tentative on it. My family thinks I should stop now, actually, but are willing to not grumble over the next 12 lbs. I know I'll hear no end of it if I go for the lower weight though. They might be right So I'm not adjusting.

So goal weight = 175. But I really kinda want to be thinner AND stronger than that.. I promised my dad today I'd start lifting soon instead.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    No goal weight here. I got to 50lbs down from my highest recorded weight ever. 178 was my high, 126 was my lowest. I used MFP starting from 163lbs.

Since my lowest weight I have intentionally gained about 10 lbs and will continue gaining and while lifting for another month. Then I'll cut again. I assume I will be happy around 135 but really I don't know.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    I used to. It was set by my doctor. I dropped quite quickly and was about 20lb short of this goal when my doctor said he was happy where I got to. I have gained again but this time around I will be losing bit-by-bit. A slow downward trend for me is my aim and any gains over a certain amount will mean a bit of a 'step it up' for me. I dont even track what I eat now because I am much more disciplined than I used to be. If it starts creeping up again I get 'back on the program'.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I have zero intention of dropping a full weight class, zero intention of gaining enough to be competitive at the higher weight class. Therefore, as long as I can make weight when needed with as little stress on my body as possible I'm good. Whether that's riding a couple of lower than the limit or spending most of my time a couple kg high it's all good.
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    I have an interim goal weight, which is to get from obese BMI to overweight. I'll hit that in 20 pounds. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
  • RedBeardBruce
    RedBeardBruce Posts: 15 Member
    Same as most others here - I have a range - the healthy BMI range - but am not 100% set on the exact number.

I want to feel good, and have a low bf%, exact weight isn't as important.

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    I did when I started. However now my training has changed I'm not that bothered. Fitness first and I'm more interested in what the mirror and my clothes tell me than the scales.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Aaargh! Just reread that and thought how vain it sounded. I'm not really!
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    I dont. I'm just set out to loose all the fat. Scales are deceiving so I don't go by weight. For example in my case I've been at it a year and lost half my fat but the scale still reads the same it did a year ago and the resonance is I developed muscles in place of the fat I lost its just hidden under the fat I still have unless I flex. I'm just trying to become a healthier me. I can do push ups now and I now have the upper body strength I never had before.
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    I don't stress the scales. My results and feel good body is in progress so that's what matters.
  • HashedBrowns
    HashedBrowns Posts: 4 Member
    I don't really have a goal weight, in terms of a set number. MY goal weight is getting below the "overweight" index category, and then losing until I'm happy with my body fat amount/distribution, which is mostly based on aesthetics for me.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    I don't have a goal weight, at the moment everything is about my performance in the gym. I will do a cut a bit later in the year - but not yet :p
  • TrailRunn3rMN
    TrailRunn3rMN Posts: 162 Member
    I don't have a goal weight. I have way too much awesomeness to do in life to even think about some number on a scale.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    On paper I have one. In reality, I'll know when I know! My BMI is 23.9 but my bf% is on the high side of normal so I'm thinking lose a few more lbs of fat and doing a slow recomp. I'm more concerned with feeling comfortable and fit.
  • CelesseBoo
    CelesseBoo Posts: 20 Member
    Not really a long term weight goal. I'm sticking with smaller short term goals. After each goal I kinda know what the next one will be, but I'm not thinking about winning the war, just the next battle!

I have another 3lbs to reach pre-first-pregnancy weight. Then another 7lbs to reach the weight I was after my second pregnancy when me and baby were sick. Then another 7lbs to the weight when I moved in with my husband. 7lbs after that will bring be to "healthy BMI" range. Then another 7lbs takes me to the weight I was before I stopped smoking. My goals are flexible and forever changing with no definite goal weight at the end.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 873 Member
    For my height and build a healthy weight is between 150 to 155lbs. Last weigh in on Friday shows I am @ 161lbs. So I am very close. I have started the strong lifts 5x5 program last week so now I am more focused on building lean muscle & not all that concerned about weight. I do however want to lose the lingering belly fat & then I will be happy... :)
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    I only have a vague idea of what scale range is my goal weight, 135-140 lbs. But I'm not stressed at all about meeting any particular goal. Right now I just focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    No real goal weight, just goal physique.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    According to the BMI charts and strictly height and weight, I will be overweight instead of obese at 174. So, that is my first goal weight.