Ab Advice Please

Options
jenseye
jenseye Posts: 166 Member
I have heard and read you should do strength training every other day so that your muscles have a chance to rest and repair...is that the same for ab exercises? Should you do them every other day or is it safe and okay to do them every day or at least a few days in a row?
Thanks!

Replies

• dga1972
    dga1972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    From what I have heard, you can do abs everyday and if I am not mistaken, it may be the only muscle group that you can.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    I do some sort of ab workout everyday. You don't do "strength trainign" or "muscle building" to those like other muscle groups, it is more toning for them, so I have never had an issue doing them daily.

Hope this helps :)
  • tjaysmalls
    Options
    You can train your core everyday, just don't over do it. There are like 10 different core muscles, so keep that in mind. If you're just focusing on abs, one day you might do upper, then lower, then obliques(external/internal)...then repeat.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's credible, but I've heard the same thing (that you can work them every day). But there are much better uses of your time than doing ab exercises every day. Your abs get worked as a side effect from many other exercises. You'd be better off making sure you hit all your major muscle groups and don't try to over-focus on abs. Once or twice a week is plenty.