Healthy protein lunch ideas

Options
I was wondering if anyone had aNY good ideas for a protein filled lunch. Lately all I've been making has been salad but it doesn't keep me full very long so I was looking for some other ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Meat.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I love salad, and have it often for lunch. I make it filling by adding chicken, beans, and/or a hard boiled egg. Protein + fat + fiber = delicious, hearty, and filling.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat leftovers from dinner. You can easily add protein to your salad if you like salad as a meal (hard boiled egg, tuna, chicken breast, cottage cheese, etc.)

I sort of don't like salad as a meal, I find it more satisfying to eat hot food. So I make a side salad and then an "entree" to go with it. Turkey chili, vegetable "noodles" with turkey bolognese, leftover salmon or cod, etc. All leftovers, just watch portion size.

If I run out of leftovers, I also like grilled chicken patties or veggie burgers from the frozen food section.
  • lyndseybellz
    lyndseybellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    tuna pouches!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Tuna pouches are high protein and easily portable even if you don't have a fridge. I like low fat cottage cheese but then you need a fridge. Seeds like pumpkin and sunflower add crunch and fats as well as protein.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Sashimi!
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone had aNY good ideas for a protein filled lunch. Lately all I've been making has been salad but it doesn't keep me full very long so I was looking for some other ideas. Thanks!

I had the same issue, salads just would not fill me up enough. My typical lunch is 6oz of Chicken breast, a serving of quinoa and 3-4 servings of varying vegetables (Mostly spinach). This keeps me full for a good 3 hours until my next snack before i leave work.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of salads also, but I always add chicken, ground turkey, tuna, etc.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Soup! I do salads in the summer.
  • natbell17
    natbell17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love making a serving of oatmeal (usually 1/2 a cup) and mixing in some flavored protein powder (like mocha, chocolate or vanilla). Toss in some raisins, nuts or berries and you've got a filling, balanced lunch!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad w/onions and mayo. Sardines. Greek yogurt with nuts or nut butter. Omelette with edamame. Hot cocoa. Fill in with your choice of starch ot fruit if desired.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Chicken or meatloaf or steak... Plus vegetables and a roll or rice
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just had 227g of Greek yogurt with Quest peanut butter protein powder mixed with a bit of almond milk, strawberries and cocoa powder. 217 calories and 35g of protein :) Plus it was sweet and delicious.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian, but I like using baked tofu for my salad lunches because
    1. It's pretty cheap
    2. It's pretty heart-healthy
    3. After you bake it, it keeps for longer (4-5 days) before it starts tasting stale or old. I find that baked chicken starts tasting sorta old/gross after being in the fridge for 2 or 3 days.

(I might just be super picky, though.)
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Quinoa Bowl:

1 cup cooked quinoa
    1/2 cup cooked veggies (I use zucchini usually)
    3 oz meat or meat substitute (I alternate between chicken breast and tuna)
    1 egg (I usually poach but boiled or sunny side up is good too)
    1/2 avocado
    Hot sauce to taste

~560 calories, 36g protein, 11g fiber. I bring this for lunch 3 days/week and it keeps me full all afternoon and provides fuel for the gym or a run after work.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You can also use healthy grains in your salads to make them more filling like quinoa or buckwheat or brown rice or barely. In addition to he greens and protein
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast + vegetables (~22g protein, depending on amount of chicken) + 1/2 cup of cottage cheese as snack.