Does anyone use Fitbit?

Options
Are any of you using a fitbit? I've been looking at them and have heard good reviews from my friends that have them. I'm just not sure on which one to purchase?

Replies

• theseirisheyes
    theseirisheyes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have had them since the company started. Love them all, just got the new blaze and it is the best yet for me
  • chelseyseely
    chelseyseely Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One (clips onto clothing) and the Fitbit Charge (wristband). I like both but find the Charge to be more accurate. The One tends to "skip" and count extra steps if I go up or down stairs. I love them both and Fitbits in general. It's motivating especially if you add friends so they can see your daily steps. You never want to be the friend in last place! Overall, it has made me much more conscience of how little I used to move during the day and motivates me to find ways to move more now. I highly recommend it!
  • scherrera01
    scherrera01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm looking between the aria, charge, and charge hr.
  • elsie289
    elsie289 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have had the "One" for years and love it. And they have fabulous customer service. I prefer the "One" because it sits on my waistband. The wrist ones won't track steps if you are pushing a stroller, or shopping cart, for instance. Conversely, they will track steps when you are standing still but talking with hands. I wanted something more accurate. But any of them are good. Just my preference.
  • scherrera01
    Options
    sorry I meant alta
  • bammer_ellen
    bammer_ellen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have a flex and LOVE it!! If i had a do over i'd get a charge HR. flex is good for basics, but it doesn't track your heart rate, floors of stairs climbed, it doesn't auto track your workouts. Flex is good for basics :)
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! It gives me the motivation to take those extra few steps every day. I've got the fitbit one, but I think when this one finally dies out I'll get the new blaze or some type of wristband - one that monitors the heart rate.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Charge HR here, don't know how I got on without it. I love it, especially the HRM function. Well worth the money.
  • scherrera01
    Options
    I got a polar heart rate monitor 2 christmases ago. I wonder if it make sense to get the charge and then use both while at the gym.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a Fitbit Flex and use it every single day. I LOVE it!! It doesn't track heart rate, but that isn't an issue for me. I love being able to change the bands whenever I want, because I'm girly like that :)

As for accuracy, mine has been pretty spot on based on 52 pounds lost as of today! I eat back all of my calories.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    i have a surge and i love it!!!
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a Fitbit Flex and use it every single day. I LOVE it!! It doesn't track heart rate, but that isn't an issue for me. I love being able to change the bands whenever I want, because I'm girly like that :)

As for accuracy, mine has been pretty spot on based on 52 pounds lost as of today! I eat back all of my calories.

52 pounds lost??? You go girl!! Great work!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and I love it. I was considering the Alta, but I prefer having the HR, I find that it is pretty accurate for me.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Started with the Flex - which is a good starting place to see if a FitBit is right for you and not as expensive as the Charge HR or higher. Have to admit, obsessed with my Flex and drove everyone nuts around me. Now, I have the Charge HR and enjoy how it tracks, especially watching my HR - find it to be pretty reliable - Except the sleep cycle tracking. It shows me "asleep" from early in the evening if I sit down and read or watch TV - instead of when I actually go to sleep later. That is somewhat strange. Also, I put it on "normal" instead of "sensitive" because nobody needs to know they are only "sleeping" 4 hours a night with so much interruption - makes me even More tired! All in all, I enjoy trying to match or better my movement every week.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Karyn1120 wrote: »

52 pounds lost??? You go girl!! Great work!

Thanks!!
  • scherrera01
    Options
    vada44 wrote: »
    i have a surge and i love it!!!

Nice Job!
  • ShrinkingSloth
    ShrinkingSloth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a charge. 7k steps per day, except C25K days.
  • cruisers64
    cruisers64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a charge and it is the best thing to ever happen to me fitness wise. Between my fitbit and calorie counting from myfitnesspal, I have been able to lose 40 lbs in the last 3 months,and I'm still slimming down! From the daily goals, to the work week challenges with friends, it makes exercising and step counting fun and competitive!!! Its definitely worth the buy!!!!
  • scherrera01
    Options
    cruisers64 wrote: »
    I have a charge and it is the best thing to ever happen to me fitness wise. Between my fitbit and calorie counting from myfitnesspal, I have been able to lose 40 lbs in the last 3 months,and I'm still slimming down! From the daily goals, to the work week challenges with friends, it makes exercising and step counting fun and competitive!!! Its definitely worth the buy!!!!

Great Job!
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and I absolutely love it. I really like the HR function, and the tracking has really motivated me to move more everyday. Since I started exercising, features such as the auto-tracking of workouts and things like that have been a huge help and it's nice to be able to reflect over workouts and see graphs of how my heart rate went up and down, how many calories I burned by minute, and other things like that. My mom has a Flex and loves it, though it doesn't do stairs, and has no screen, only dots. It's enough for her, she says.