Does anyone use Fitbit?

Options

Replies

• emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Love love love my zip, hate wearing anything in my wrists and the zip just clips to my underwear and no one notices it
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I used the One and now have the ChargeHR. Both have been pretty useful.

The backing where you connect the charger came off after sometime, but I was sent a new device, no questions asked.

I glued the backing into the old Fitbit and intend to keep it as a backup.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    My surge is awesome
  • misskerri623
    misskerri623 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the charge... love it!! Simple, yet effective.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I got a polar heart rate monitor 2 christmases ago. I wonder if it make sense to get the charge and then use both while at the gym.

I'm in the same boat. I've had my Polar for ten years, still works, and thinking of making the change. I'll be interested in reading what other Polar users have to say about the benefits.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have the One and love it. It's been very helpful to me to see how active or inactive I am during the day.
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I had the flex for almost 3 years and decided to upgrade to the Charge HR. Love them both. The HR does cover a little more than the flex though. I must say buying a fitbit was one of the greatest investments I have ever done. It definitely helps give you that extra push and its fun to be able to do different challenges with friends :smile:
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR watch and the aria scale. Had them for about 7 months now. I really like them both. You just have to make sure to wipe the watch down regularly so sweat and such doesn't build up. I also like it to track my sleep and movements at night since I have sleep apnea.
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR, I used to have the One. I loved them. I don't really think they are super accurate, for example, on Friday I had 12,000 steps in fitbit, but only 7,000 according to my phone. Something is not right. But, it is accurate enough. The scale keeps going down (60 pounds now!) and it is motivating. I have 5 days in a row I walked 10 miles because "well, I'm so close to 6 miles...well, I'm so close to 15,000 steps, well, I'm so close to 8 miles, well, I almost have 20,000 steps!" So, maybe it was accurate at 10 miles. maybe it was only 9.6 miles, but it still motivated me to get up and keep moving.
  • lyndefisher
    lyndefisher Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have the FitBit Charge and love them!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I have the HR it's been my favorite after owning all of them. Have the aria scale too. I love having the tracker. I love the data and the reminder to move my butt!'
  • MommyMeggo
    Options
    I have the Charge HR, I used to have the One. I loved them. I don't really think they are super accurate, for example, on Friday I had 12,000 steps in fitbit, but only 7,000 according to my phone. Something is not right. But, it is accurate enough. The scale keeps going down (60 pounds now!) and it is motivating. I have 5 days in a row I walked 10 miles because "well, I'm so close to 6 miles...well, I'm so close to 15,000 steps, well, I'm so close to 8 miles, well, I almost have 20,000 steps!" So, maybe it was accurate at 10 miles. maybe it was only 9.6 miles, but it still motivated me to get up and keep moving.

My HR counts steps while I drive!!! I have to log my effing commutes. Other than that it's spot on.
  • krisztinagyori71
    krisztinagyori71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had them since the company started. Love them all, just got the new blaze and it is the best yet for me

I have a Charge (not HR) but am looking to get the Blaze. I'm glad you said something about it. How long have you had it?
  • krisztinagyori71
    krisztinagyori71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Charge and I really like it.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »

My HR counts steps while I drive!!! I have to log my effing commutes. Other than that it's spot on.
    Same here. I actually press the button to record the drives.

I love my charge HR. It has been accurate so far.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    elsie289 wrote: »
    Yes. I have had the "One" for years and love it. And they have fabulous customer service. I prefer the "One" because it sits on my waistband. The wrist ones won't track steps if you are pushing a stroller, or shopping cart, for instance. Conversely, they will track steps when you are standing still but talking with hands. I wanted something more accurate. But any of them are good. Just my preference.

I have seen that posted several times and I have not found it to be true at all - in fact, I used both my one and my Charge HR on the same day to compare and the difference was minimal (under 100 steps).
  • MommyMeggo
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »

Same here. I actually press the button to record the drives.

I love my charge HR. It has been accurate so far.

So does it not count steps while driving if you have the workout/timer going? That would be amazeballs. I commute over an hour each way so I can get over 1400 steps/day while driving. SO DUMB!
  • scherrera01
    scherrera01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    trinty425 wrote: »
    I have the charge HR watch and the aria scale. Had them for about 7 months now. I really like them both. You just have to make sure to wipe the watch down regularly so sweat and such doesn't build up. I also like it to track my sleep and movements at night since I have sleep apnea.

I also have sleep apnea so that feature attracted me also.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I have the "One" and love it. I've previously had a jawbone and a "misfit" and liked them both, but the social part of the fitbit has been the key to me. Doing challenges and encouraging (and taunting) messages with my husband and best friends has had a HUGE increase in my step counts.

I haven't found my One to be lacking in accuracy - right up until yesterday when it gave me 20,000 steps for a jeep ride in bumpy and gusty conditions. Heh. But generally, I think it's fairly accurate. I'm not counting on it to be perfect, but looking at trends, yes, I can definitely see days when I've been pretty active and days when I need to get up and take the dog on another walk. I don't have a ton of trust in the calorie counts, but again, it's probably useful when you look at the trend, rather than the day-specific data.

I love the One for its flexibility. I don't really want to wear a rubber wristband, but the One just clips onto my waistband or my pants pocket. On days when I'm wearing a dress, I clip it on my bra. Occassionally, I wear it in an elastic wristband that looks kind of like a hair band - this is also how I sleep. It works for me.

My husband is in love with his surge - it's one of the few GPS-enabled fitness/smart watches that allows him to track a run or bike ride without his phone. That's not a thing for me, since I track my runs using a Garmin watch, anyway, but depending on your needs, that is a pretty awesome feature.
  • jumpergirl3
    jumpergirl3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How long does everybody's battery last in the Charge HR? I have that one and love it but I have to charge it every 2 days. I emailed the company about it and they said to turn off any alarms set on it (which I had none set for it) to turn off the heart rate monitor, to turn off the quick view clock function and see how the battery lasts then. I tried that and it still only lasted 2 days. I don't think I should have to turn off all these functions though as they were part of the reason I chose this fitbit.
    Has anyone else had issues with battery life? When I purchased it they told me the battery would last 5+ days, My fitbit is just over a month old as well.
    thanks!