I want to share all my before/after pics with you! Size 16 to size 2 (60 lbs lost)!

Options
124»

Replies

• iamfatbutnotforlong
    Options
    nice work

• CTnicktellis
    CTnicktellis Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation and a good read! Lots of valuable and accurate information presented. Truly inspirational. I wish you continued success on your fitness journey!
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Your body composition is wonderful!
    Amazing work chickie!
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your story is totally inspiring. Thank u for sharing. Now I have hope too. Even if it seems hard in the beginning your story is motivating me to just keep going and may be will start seeing a difference sometime in the near future. I'm losing and gaining the same pounds and now after almost a month I see a few numbers down but am feeling worried if that will creep back up as before. Thanks for sharing ur story here. Hopefully I'll have enough momentum to keep going and never see the 200lbs in my scale again.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing - I'm the same height and currently a similar weight to where you started out, so it's great to see your success! You look amazing. :smile: (My hubby looked over my shoulder and said "Is that the same woman?! She looks completely different!")

Thanks also for the reminders about not giving up - sometimes it seems like it'll take forever to get where I want to go, but I need to remind myself that it just takes one step at a time and if I give up then I'll definitely never get there! :smile:
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i've been plateau'd since august, scale-wise, and spirit-wise i've been stuck in a rut for the last month or two.. thank you so much for sharing your progress..

the size 10 'goal jeans' really hit home for me. I hit my first milestone (size 12 from 16) and it sort of made me stop because i'd already accomplished what I thought was impossible. i'm happy with where i am, but i have further to go..your post really helped me get inside my own head and kick that way of thinking out of the control seat..

i'm starting anew today.

thanks for sharing! you look incredible and vibrant from start to finish!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I love your transformation of course (you look amazing) but what I REALLY love is hearing that you have been at this for three years already. Your chances of KEEPING it off look pretty good.
  • jpore
    jpore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love your story; you look awesome!!! Thanks for sharing, I also appreciate that it took you awhile not less than a year because it gives me inspiration to continue - my journey has been taking a long time and it is hard to see when other people lose way more weight than I want to in a way shorter time. I feel like I am doing something wrong but your journey inspires me that slow and steady wins the race too. Thanks!

In my first year I would also get discouraged when I would see other women of a similar body type posting that they lost 60 lbs in 5 months. It just didn't seem fair that I was working so hard and not achieving as much as they did. Everyone's journey is different.

I was only willing to make sustainable changes to my diet during this whole process. I would not give up carbs forever! So when I saw people that lost weight really fast because they where doing these low-carb diets or spending multiple hours a day in the gym I was thrilled with their success but felt bad about how much they had to sacrifice. I was able to do this and balance it with the rest of my life. I got a masters degree, and now I am in the last year of my PhD in Nuclear Physics. Anyone can have the time to do this.

3 years is a lot longer than 5 months, but it is just a blip of time in my entire life.
  • jpore
    jpore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ani2bfit wrote: »
    Your story is totally inspiring. Thank u for sharing. Now I have hope too. Even if it seems hard in the beginning your story is motivating me to just keep going and may be will start seeing a difference sometime in the near future. I'm losing and gaining the same pounds and now after almost a month I see a few numbers down but am feeling worried if that will creep back up as before. Thanks for sharing ur story here. Hopefully I'll have enough momentum to keep going and never see the 200lbs in my scale again.
    i've been plateau'd since august, scale-wise, and spirit-wise i've been stuck in a rut for the last month or two.. thank you so much for sharing your progress..

the size 10 'goal jeans' really hit home for me. I hit my first milestone (size 12 from 16) and it sort of made me stop because i'd already accomplished what I thought was impossible. i'm happy with where i am, but i have further to go..your post really helped me get inside my own head and kick that way of thinking out of the control seat..

i'm starting anew today.

thanks for sharing! you look incredible and vibrant from start to finish!

I am so moved by so many of these posts, almost in tears at my desk this morning. You ladies are amazing, just keep trying!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!