Fit Bits.. are they actually worth the money?

Options
2»

Replies

• Aelizabethyoung
    Aelizabethyoung Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It does sync the workouts, but it just syncs as fitbit steps. I love mine and in no way regret it. buy one, its worth the money.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I retired mine today. after two years or so with it the novelty has worn off and it just won't charge well anymore. If you are juat starting out and you are needing to get moving then it's worth it. I very often hit 10k steps before noon so k don't need the reassurance and reminder to be active. so ya they are worth it. I wouldn't say I hate it just I outgrew it
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    As far as calorie burns, I think it is pretty *inaccurate*, although many people will tell you it is accurate for them. I have mine set to the same deficit MFP does, and they are synced. However, if I ate what Fitbit suggested, I wouldn't lose weight at all.

However, for me, it's the inspiration to get moving. Getting those 10,000 steps (nearly) everyday inspires other things. If it weren't for my fitbit, I might not have started jogging. I love earning my badges, and I love seeing everything turn green when I have completed each component (active minutes, steps, calories burned, etc.). Like I said, the calorie part is very off for me. However, I love mine!!

I just got the Fitbit Blaze after burning out my Fitbit Flex.

LOVE it. It is a little expensive but that's really objective depending on your budget. It appears to be fairly accurate in steps and distance. Do some research on it! I am very happy with it at this point. Especially the re-charging set-up. FitBit got it right for the Blaze. Has a lot of features that can be used.