Looking for vegan friends

Options
Hi. My name is Jennifer. I am 32 years old. Mother of one. Graduate student. Vegan. Not looking to lose a ton of weight, just trying to stay in shape and shed a few pounds I gained over the winter. I am looking for some people to exchange healthy vegan/vegetarian recipes with, and maybe pick up some exercise tips.

Replies

• oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! :)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi.:) On maintenance and training for my first half marathon.
  • bengtso4
    bengtso4 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just upped my running from 5 miles a day to 6. Hope I can do a half marathon someday!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm vegan! Feel free to add me if you like. (:
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I just upped my running from 5 miles a day to 6. Hope I can do a half marathon someday!

What's stopping you? I'm only run/walking for three miles atm, and the running part is only for a minute and a half right now. I'm aiming to run the half on October 23rd. Worst case scenario is, I run/walk it, but even then, I should be fast enough to officially finish.

You did mention running every day, though...are you allowing enough time for recovery?
  • shortcake05
    Options
    I'm vegetarian with many vegan tendencies. Also a runner! Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • bengtso4
    bengtso4 Posts: 10
    Options
    I usually do 3-4 days on, one day off. So I have either one or two days off per week. I've been trying to find something else to do a few days a week to give my bad knee and foot a break.
  • celizabet
    celizabet Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm vegetarian and I'd loved to be a friend :)
  • chartel
    chartel Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm a vegan. So's my wife, and she's the best vegan chef I know. We have recipes :)