Anyone feeling low ?

Options
KayTeeOne
KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
Well I am. Usually I turn on my favourite music and workout when this happens but right now because of knee pain I can't . Plus missing home and friends

Replies

• brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When I'm down I like to just light some candles, crawl into a nice warm bubble bath then have a good cry on the phone with some friends. Let's hug!
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yes because i'm very short ...

3919145-4244055836-hahah.gif
  • KayTeeOne
    Options
    Thnx everyone
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you find that this feeling low is persistent and frequent, you should go see a doctor. It might be depression. It happens to a lot of people. It happened to me. The key is to be proactive about it and take the necessary steps to fight it.

A lot of people don't think they're depressed because they aren't feeling sad and suicidal. But there's so much more to depression. It can be as simple as feeling low for multiple days a week. Some people describe it as not feeling any emotion at all, just a feeling of numbness. It can also show up as apathy or having no motivation to do anything.

Depression is the mind telling you something is wrong, whether that's environmental (like living on your own for the first time and you're still getting used to it, or being confined because of an injury) or physical (as in there's a naturally occurring chemical imbalance in you brain that was not brought about by external means). The important thing is to do something about it, and don't give in to just feeling that way all the time. And I know that's difficult when you're feeling apathetic towards everything, but you just have to do it.

Sorry about my rant about depression. I just say this because I've experienced it and I don't want anyone else to suffer from it. I hope that's not what you're experiencing, but just in case it is, know that it is something that can be managed and things will get better as long as you don't give into feeling that way and do something about it.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I saw my Dr.and the anti depressant is working great. :)
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    ^So happy to hear that! I wish you continued success!
  • Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    khpsrt wrote: »
    Well I am. Usually I turn on my favourite music and workout when this happens but right now because of knee pain I can't . Plus missing home and friends

Been there.
    G
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I agree with Momo
    also sometimes distraction helps. watch a movie, go for a walk outside, exercise (it realises endorphins), go out with a friend etc. I have been there **hugs**
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

I would have said fun sized :p
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea. Emotions play huge affect on weigh loss.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I find walking helps me a lot when I am feeling low, also its a lot cheaper than medication.

Since I had blood work done last year and it was established hat my Vitamin D count was extremely low, now taking 2000 iu daily, this has helped me a lot. Its like my body have done a 180 and cleared all the fog that was surrounding my brain.
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    nitroalley wrote: »

I would have said fun sized :p

Lol k
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    All the time
  • myfavoriteyear
    myfavoriteyear Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been down...going through a "breakup" but in ways we were never going out. Messed up situation. I pigged out all day yesterday but luckily got back on track today. I'm glad that I've at least learned not to eat my pain for too long. Next step - not to eat my pain at all...baby steps...
  • KayTeeOne
    Options
    Yeah I've been down...going through a "breakup" but in ways we were never going out. Messed up situation. I pigged out all day yesterday but luckily got back on track today. I'm glad that I've at least learned not to eat my pain for too long. Next step - not to eat my pain at all...baby steps...

I was also feeling low and lonely yesterday . I feel much better today
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    khpsrt wrote: »

I was also feeling low and lonely yesterday . I feel much better today

Thirded
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    sometimes. im very much up and down at the moment. It could be a sring of good days followed with a down day in there somewhere, or, it can be up and down in the same day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I'm really sensitive to the weather. When it's gloomy outside, so am I.
  • cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't know any of you but I support you all!
    I got your back...it's one less thing you need to worry about.

When I get to a low place I like to remember this quote:

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm generally a sad sack, but occasionally I'm a happy sack.