Looking for vegan friends with open diaries. Would like to get new food ideas.

Options
I've been vegan for a little while now, I love it. But I'm also lazy and hate to cook. Ahahah! I'm looking for easy vegan eats I can eat on the daily.

Replies

• Copper1022
    Copper1022 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love soup. I buy the Progressi Bean and Macaroni and I add lots of fresh spinach and grated parm cheese. Have you tried the Gardein meatless chicken strips? It makes for a delicious stir fry! I use red peppers, onions, and teriyaki sauce. Put on top of brown rice. Gardein also makes meatballs that are pretty good. Nothing like spaghetti and meatballs... I also use spaghetti squash to replace the real spaghetti sometimes. I'm vegetarian, not vegan.
  • ariellenkov
    ariellenkov Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! My diary is open and I'm 100% vegan!!!!
  • redd_87
    redd_87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and I hate to cook as well. My diary is pretty simple and I eat a lot of the same things, but I'm content. I tend to eat a lot of frozen vegan burgers and my own mix ups like TVP with beans, veggies, salsa, etc. Somehow I've managed to make my way with my lack of cooking skills lol. My diary is open :)
  • NikishaRichelle
    NikishaRichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Recently I've added free run/range eggs into my diet, I don't think it will be an all the time thing. Maybe just a carton a couple times a year. I've gone so long without them. So to be more specific I'm 99% vegan, 1% Ovo-vegetarian. I'm also a bit of a "junk food" vegan. I'm not against fake meats and dairy substitutes.
  • noninoki
    noninoki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trust me I hate cooking too but if you want to invest in a slow cooker (a good one mind you) you can just throw in some ingredients of your choice! Although I'm not vegan I enjoy vegan meals too *yum*
  • NikishaRichelle
    Options
    I have actually have a slow cooker, I can't believe I haven't thought to use it. Before I went vegan I used it often but it's been neglected since I made the switch. I'll have to bring it out and dust it off. Thanks for the tip.
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan (mostly, my son's omni so sometimes I eat his leftovers) and my diary is open. I eat a lot of canned soup. I love to cook, but finding the time and money is too much effort. Add me as a friend or just lurk my diary, I don't mind.
  • NikishaRichelle
    Options
    I'm vegan (mostly, my son's omni so sometimes I eat his leftovers) and my diary is open. I eat a lot of canned soup. I love to cook, but finding the time and money is too much effort. Add me as a friend or just lurk my diary, I don't mind.

I've been finding it tricky to find soups without sneaky animal ingredients or a lot of sodium. Any tips??
  • indiaalexis
    indiaalexis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and basically eat the "Eat to Live" way (Dr. Furhman). I will make my diary public and add you as a friend. I eat extremely simply on a day to day basis and eat almost entirely whole foods. Might be boring but it's working for me. I love to cook but I save the big meals for dinner parties or weekends. I am always eating some version of vegetables and beans. So many things can be done with those :).