What is the cheapest healthy vegan protein powder out there?

Options
I'm on a budget y'all. Preferably under 20 please!

Replies

• echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Under 20...what? Calories? Grams? Dollars? Deutschmarks?
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lol. U can get like 5 scoops for that
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal?
  • Francine_rivas
    Francine_rivas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    echmain wrote: »

Dollars.

• engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I don't know about meeting your price requirements but... Check out "Garden Of Life" - can purchase pretty cheap on line - and a local grocery store had a sale last weekend and it was even cheaper than I can find online.
  • gibbs1993
    gibbs1993 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You really don't need protein powder since most foods on a healthy vegan diet (plant-based) offer sufficient proteins.

Here's an article about natural vegan sources of protein: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/vegan-sources-of-protein/

And there are many more than what are on that list (search online, you'll see what I mean). For example, a banana has over a gram of protein. If you want a powder-like substance to add to smoothies for protein, try spirulina. "This blue green algae may look a bit scary to newbies, but it’s so easy to use, especially if you add it to a smoothie with other ingredients like berries, cacao, or some banana. Spirulina adds 80 percent of your daily iron needs and 4 grams of protein in one tablespoon; it’s also a complete amino acid source … who knew!?"
  • NikishaRichelle
    NikishaRichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    As a vegan protein has been one of the easiest things to get. You just have to eat the right foods. I have a harder time with calcium and iron most days. But occasionally I use hemp protein.
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Try myprotein.com they're cheap and always have discount vouchers
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

Dollars.

It would behoove you to include desired number of servings or grams of protein for those $20 as well. Otherwise you could end up with an expensive small jug.

Source Naturals, Pea Protein Power, 32 oz $19.71 Servings Per Container: 50. Protein: 15 g per serving.

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I use Vega Protein & Greens from Costco, I think it was around $20. It's ok blended with soy milk & ice.