Going to meet my in- laws need to lose 10 kilos in 1 month

Options
Please help very nervous

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    10kg ain't gonna happen. Pick a reasonable goal and in one month I'm sure you will look great. Spanx
  • deepavalig
    deepavalig Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know 10 kilos is a lot!! But do you think if I stick to 1200 calories I will lose8 kilos?
  • queenliz99
    Options
    What's your starting weight?
  • deepavalig
    Options
    91.7 kilos
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Depending on your current weight and activity level you could possibly lose 2 lbs (lbs not kg) a week so maybe 8 lbs or 3.63 kg but that is very aggressive
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Yes to 8kg, maybe. Use a food scale, that way you know your calorie intake is accurate. But don't be disappointed, I'm sure they will love you just the same.
  • deepavalig
    Options
    Gosh I don't know what to do.. On top of thY I have developed problem in my heel doc ant walk much..
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    you think that if you're 10kg thinner they will like you better?

if so - then do you really want in-laws that are so shallow?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Sorry - i don't mean to come across as a rude snarky cow - just trying to put some perspective out there. Losing 10kg in a months is stupid crazy - even if you starve yourself and lose it you will only just pack it all (and maybe more) back on.

Slow and steady wins the race in the weight-loss game.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Yes to 8kg, maybe. Use a food scale, that way you know your calorie intake is accurate. But don't be disappointed, I'm sure they will love you just the same.

17.6 lbs in a month or 4.4 lbs a week is super aggressive but possible I guess
  • deepavalig
    Options
    Thank you so much I guess I was just feeling very nervous! You are right I will be slow and steady .. Thanks for sharing.. Have you all list well on fitness pal
  • queenliz99
    Options

My math sucks, thank you. Yep this a lot to lose in one month.
  • Optimistic1979
    Optimistic1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That sucks that you feel you need to do all to meet them. If your husband loves you thats all that should matter. But don't stop trying to lose 10 kilos just not in a month k
  • singingflutelady
    Options

My math sucks, thank you. Yep this a lot to lose in one month.

Lol I was wondering why you said 8 kg was doable ;) math for the win
  • deepavalig
    Options
    Sometimes it's just difficult to describe why people would not react to you the same way they would react to a thin person.. But that is the bitter truth.. Whether we like it or not
  • awhite_5
    awhite_5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If losing weight is what you want, it should be to make YOU happy and HEALTHY, and should not be for the benefit of other people. Losing 10kgs isn't going to make you any more likeable to your in-laws - I am sure they are more concerned with your happiness and their son/daughters happiness than you being 10kg lighter. Keep your goals in mind for the right reasons and when achieved, the right things will fall into the right place.
  • deepavalig
    Options
    Thanks !! I will try my b Sr to stay on track
  • deepavalig
    Options
    Has anybody tried green tea?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Relax. When I met my (then future-) in-laws I was close to my heaviest weight. They liked me just fine, and we have a great relationship. My wife and I were (and are!) very much in love and clearly a good match, and made each other happy.