LOOKING FOR PCOS/INSULIN RESISTANT FRIENDS WHO HAVE JUST STA

Options
:flowerforyou: HI, I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE JUST STARTED THEIR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY WITH A LOT OF WEIGHT TO LOSE WHO ALSO SUFFER FROM PCOS OR INSULIN RESISTANCE. THIS WAY WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME JOURNEY STRUGGLING WITH THE SAME THINGS :o) I NEED ALL THE MOTIVATION I CAN GET! LOL!! PLEASE ADD ME IF YOU ARE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cbauer77
    cbauer77 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I've was diagnosed PCOS about 13 years ago, and after having 2 kids it's getting harder and harder to control the weight. I've been watching calories and portions for about 2 months now...I've lost 13 pounds so far, but it has not been easy. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There was a thread started for sisters recently here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/265449-pcos-soul-cysters-unite

Come join us!
  • CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I began my weight loss journey a little over a year ago. I have insulin resistance and have a lot of weight to lose. When I began last year in may I weighed 265. I'm now somewhere around 212. I'd like to lose about 60 more. It's been a long road and I'm learning a LOT about myself and my body. The last time I had my blood sugar tested I was completely normal even after eating a yogurt. My blood pressure is also now normal and I'm off all meds. I'd be happy to share your journey with you and be a support in any way I can.

Cheers to you!
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I was diagnosed about a month ago and started trying to lose weight shortly after. So far I have lost 7lbs and weigh 251.5 but I am hoping to get down to 180..maybe less.

Add me (:
  • mamieblueeyes
    mamieblueeyes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There was a thread started for sisters recently here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/265449-pcos-soul-cysters-unite

Come join us!

:flowerforyou: Awesome I will check it out!!
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose as well, because of pcos.
  • diva1299
    diva1299 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i was just diagnosed yesterday so cant wait to see how this goes
  • irdietinfo
    irdietinfo Posts: 29
    Options
    I have a website and a Facebook page for people who are insulin resistant - I don't have PCOS but I know that insulin resistance goes hand in hand with it, so hopefully you can find helpful hints there! See my profile for the link to my website if you're interested - I don't want to put the link in the message boards.
  • mamieblueeyes
    mamieblueeyes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a website and a Facebook page for people who are insulin resistant - I don't have PCOS but I know that insulin resistance goes hand in hand with it, so hopefully you can find helpful hints there! See my profile for the link to my website if you're interested - I don't want to put the link in the message boards.
    THANK YOU!!
  • irdietinfo
    irdietinfo Posts: 29
    Options
    You're welcome! There are so many of us - it's amazing how you can find whole communities of people with the same problem. It helps to know you're not alone. Good luck!
  • MIZZDREABABIE
    Options
    hi i am 23 and i am 360 pounds with pcos..i am ready to loose this weight...and have some children
  • shellybsn
    shellybsn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I've had PCOS for over 10 years. I have over 100# to lose and just started this month. I've tried different meds, different diets, worked through infertility and a miscarriage (now I have 2 precious boys!) Work, 2 kids and life in general makes PCOS a bit of a slap in the face some days. Just doesn't seem fair, but we just put our big girl panties on and deal with it !!! Good luck to ya hon---we got your back!