Anyone Else With Eating Disorders Here?

Options
Samrny
Samrny Posts: 62 Member
Just wondering. I have a history of severe restriction and am doing much better with that, and now only struggle with ARFID.

Replies

• Samrny
    Options
    I welcome you all to tell your stories here
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I overeat... not much to say.
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Im allergic to whey and lastose and onions if that counts
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow ARFID!!!! I'm a Texture-Avoider. Be prepared for some heinous people on this board. A lot of them don't understand why we 'can't just be a grown up and put food in our mouths'. I hate to sound so negative, but it's true (go check other boards).

Anyway, all I can tell you is to eat what you can, in moderation, and exercise. I do protein smoothies in the a.m. to keep me full (and away from snacking). I munch on nuts, meat rolls (ham slices rolled up like cigars), cheese cubes, laughing cow cheese spreads with crackers. For dinner, I try to get a lot of protein from chicken, pork and beef (hubby doesn't like fish, so we veer away from that).

As far as my ARFID goes, like I said above, it's the texture, for the most part, that gets me. I don't mind the flavor of lettuce, but the texture. Watermelon is like sweet, wet styrofoam. Oranges are spongy. Bananas are doable, but not my favorite. And, don't get me started on anything like corn, peas, beans, etc - they BURST and I can't stand it!
    Basically, I can eat potatoes. I drink OJ or other fruit juices (which of course, is a big nono around here because it's like mainlining sugar, but I still love it). I don't do salads or have 'the garden' on my burgers. I can eat tomatoes is they are pureed - no chunks please. I don't like chunks in much of anything (smooth peanut butter, smooth pizza sauce, etc) - unless I know it's supposed to be there (noodles in my soup, chips in my cookies).

I'm not morbidly obese, but I'm obese. However, according to my doctor, I don't have heart issues, don't have high blood pressure, don't have diabetes, and overall, I'm generally healthy, all things considered!

Anyone else want to share?
  • Samrny
    Options
    I hate ARFID so much...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I am a (mostly but still have dysmorphia and strong urges) recovered anorexic binge/purge subtype. Ironically I now have Crohn's disease which causes me to restrict a lot of foods for medical reasons which in turn triggers me. Also when I am in a bad flare I lose weight ultra rapidly and usually hit my anorexia weight and than get put on Prednisone which is a horrible, horrible drug. It's very triggering.
  • Samrny
    Options
    I am a (mostly but still have dysmorphia and strong urges) recovered anorexic binge/purge subtype. Ironically I now have Crohn's disease which causes me to restrict a lot of foods for medical reasons which in turn triggers me. Also when I am in a bad flare I lose weight ultra rapidly and usually hit my anorexia weight and than get put on Prednisone which is a horrible, horrible drug. It's very triggering.

I'm so so sorry, that sounds terrible.