Low carb meal ideas anyone ? pics would be fab :)

Options
MissRegs
MissRegs Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2016 in Recipes
After quitting smoking last october I've gone mad on the carbs, bread, pasta etc, so looking for recipes that are very low in carbs ? or maybe switch to brown/wholemeal ? any ideas would be fab :)

Replies

• mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Basically with PCOS I do low/healthy carbs. Cut white breads rices and noodles. Eggs are a big staple for me lean meats and low sodium soups.

Fats tend to run higher sometimes when you go lower carb. Atkins has a great cookbook. Lots at low carb websites.

Shrimp and chicken in great marinades and stir fry veggies.

One simple dessert blend 1/2 block of cream cheese 1t vanilla 2T milk or 1/2 & 1/2 with 2T confectionery sugar and scoop out the stems of fresh strawberries and pipe into the center. Makes a dessert for 4 servings or more. A little of the filling goes a long way.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Low carb pizza casserole

Drain diced canned tomatoes 2 cans
    Turkey or chicken or Italian sausage out of their casings crumbled and browned
    Once browned it is the base layer of 13x9
    Add drained diced tomatoes
    Layer of shredded mozzarella
    Pan fried mushrooms (optional) or sliced olives or peppers sliced pepperoni

Bake
  • courtneynix86
    courtneynix86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I also do low carb and my favorite is calavasitas its zucchini, butternut squash sliced, can of rotel tomatoes with chilis, can of tomato sauce, ground turkey meat I get the one that has taco seasoning. I brown my meat then throw everything else in put a lid on it and simmer until the veggies are soft. You can add cheese also when you serve it. Also I do a pork shoulder in the crock pot and put little bit of broth and chilis. I like these meals because it is a lot of servings and I can just grab some really quick.
  • MissRegs
    MissRegs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, will definatley be looking at the atkins recipes,I've been looking at slow cooker recipes to, low carb and able to freeze, quickness for me is a must.
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    mom23nuts wrote: »
    Low carb pizza casserole

Drain diced canned tomatoes 2 cans
    Turkey or chicken or Italian sausage out of their casings crumbled and browned
    Once browned it is the base layer of 13x9
    Add drained diced tomatoes
    Layer of shredded mozzarella
    Pan fried mushrooms (optional) or sliced olives or peppers sliced pepperoni

Bake

That sounds really good! I gotta make that!
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you eat too many carbs right now, it's smart to cut them back. I would suggest a low calorie diet, which will automatically have you backing off the carbs and making those healthy swaps, rather than a low carb diet which can sometimes be high in bad fats and high in calories. Just my opinion, don't hate me!!