How to switch from WW?

Options
Hi there!

I'm switching from WW to calorie counting. I know I need to log fruit, veggies, EVERYTHING, etc. and I rather like that!

My biggest question is: how do you adjust for not having a "weekly allowance" of points/calories? I know that some days I'll need/want to eat more than others. How do you adjust for that?

Thanks!!

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Enter your details into MFP, use a digital scale and weigh all solids, measure all liquids, stay within your allotted calories :) It's not a huge difference, you still have an allowance, it's just calculated slightly differently :)
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can still have a weekly allowance, if you want more on the weekends, just eat less during the week. You can also track your weekly calories by looking at the nutrition tab.
  • BantamFeather
    BantamFeather Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I used to do WW too and switched to MFP. There's no equivalent to the 'flex points' they do, but you can 'save' calories for later in the week if you know you want to eat more on the weekends or something like that. For example if your goal was to eat 1400 calories each day to lose weight, you could eat 1200 three of those days and then have one day where you eat 2000, and it would even out.
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to do a DIY version of WW Points+ with MFP. After logging my food, I used an online calculator to determine points. You know that little "notes" box on your food diary page here? Great place to keep a running total of WW points remaining for the week. It just takes a few extra minutes a day to do the math, but if WW works for you, it really doesn't take long to figure out a system.