17 weeks pregnant and wanting to stay fit and practice healthy eating

Looking for pregnant friends who want to stay healthy!

Replies

• lisa818181
    lisa818181 Posts: 2 Member
    My baby was born in May, but I only gained 5 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight to 2 weeks after he was born. I mostly kept up my normal healthy eating, allowed for more full-fat versions of things than usual, and I was still running as much as felt okay. I actually didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 20 weeks, so I was definitely just doing my regular thing (though I was hungry more and running was getting harder--didn't recognize those as pregnancy symptoms!). I think some women just start in with the "I'm eating for two!" and the "what the heck -- I'm pregnant!" and they feel like they can't/shouldn't exercise. Yeah you're eating for two, but one of you only weighs a few ounces. From what I've read, you should increase calories by about 200-300 a day, which is really just an extra snack or so.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    I had my baby 4 months ago. Worked out and ate right through my whole pregnancy. Right now my goal is to get back to my pre pregnancy weight of 160 (I have 12 lb left). After that, I would like to try to get down to 150. Would love to share encouragement:-)