Conflicted as to whether I should actively try to lose weight or not (F, 22)

Options
The last time I got my body fat evaluated, I got 20.43% using the calipers and 17.1% using bio electrical impedance. The thing is, I really feel like my body looks a lot fatter than that. I've always wanted to be slightly-abs-showing skinny, but I haven't been that since 3 years ago.

I'm willing to cut and lower my body fat, but I feel like to get down to that low a body fat I'll definitely need to be fairly restrictive. I'm worried about what it'll take for me to maintain once I have a lower body fat. Will I need to keep eating clean and keeping carbs low-ish once I get to where I wanted? I just can't tell if it's worth it or not. I certainly am not looking to look like a fitness model, I just want to look like I actually work out. What was your thought process on all of this?

The other thing that I'm concerned about is having too little energy when I'm trying to lose weight. I have a fairly busy schedule. I feel sluggish as is without seriously trying to do anything to my diet! What are people's experiences with dieting and having enough energy to get work done?

Thank you!!

Replies

• hina2398
    hina2398 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The one thing I learned throughout my fitness journey was to never ban any foods from my diet. In fact, I'm eating a chocolate chip cookie as I'm writing this