I'm pretty ..............messed up!!!!!

Options
ok so what is wrong with me? I do weight watchers loose 20lbs and then struggle. I go to the gym everyday so I'm sure if I didn't i'd of gained that weight back. Food has some kind of power over me. I do good all week at work get home and then eat a normal dinner then continue to eat sneakily when no ones watching. so other than that my boyfriend has this ex-wife who is well skinny and well maintained and hear i am backwoods country girl Phil sloppily put together. I know I'm never gonna conquor my food demon with continually stressing myself but i can't help it. I've allways done it.
What am I looking for in this post? A way to get back to me or just define who I realy am in this pile of crap I throw on myself.

Replies

• Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I totally get. It one of my motivations for getting skinner is too be prettier then my boyfriend ex. lol. But beyond that it is what I've always wanted for myself. But the food has power. but we are stronger we just have to keep fighting till we win. Hang in there girl and don't let it win and if it does just restart tomorrow.
  • Ferrea
    Ferrea Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey! You might try checking out Overeaters Anonymous (www.oa.org). I definitely know what it's like to just lose it and snack way too much!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    take every day...every moment, even, as it comes. when you're tempted to indulge, convince yourself not to FOR THAT TIME. when the next craving hits, say no again. take everything as it comes and the results will follow you.

you have to want this for you. not for your hubby's ex, or for him, or your mom/dog/neighbour, it's all YOU!

good luck girl :D
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    do you always feel like this. just keep at it!!!!
  • hoosiermama_78
    Options
    You are comparing yourself to this woman..his EX! There is a reason she is an ex. Yeah maybe she is skinny and maybe she is put together. But at the same time maybe she is a royal *****. Maybe your boyfriend loves your heart. He is with you for the simple fact that he likes you ...not her.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    ok so what is wrong with me? I do weight watchers loose 20lbs and then struggle. I go to the gym everyday so I'm sure if I didn't i'd of gained that weight back. Food has some kind of power over me. I do good all week at work get home and then eat a normal dinner then continue to eat sneakily when no ones watching. so other than that my boyfriend has this ex-wife who is well skinny and well maintained and hear i am backwoods country girl Phil sloppily put together. I know I'm never gonna conquor my food demon with continually stressing myself but i can't help it. I've allways done it.
    What am I looking for in this post? A way to get back to me or just define who I realy am in this pile of crap I throw on myself.
    you don't need to worry the main word in your whole statement is EX-wife. evidently well put together and thin didn't keep him in her heart. So be your self you are tweaking your body not your mind in which I think he is invested.
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Phyllis: "eat sneakily when no ones watching."

I, too, was the same way. I always ate the junk when no one was around. Then one day it dawned on me that I wasn't fooling anyone. How could I be? It was obvious from my size that I ate way more than what they saw me eating. Honestly, if I only ate what they saw me eat then I certainly would not have been almost 200 pounds!

As far as the ex.. well she's an ex for a reason. Don't let her size be a measuring stick for YOUR self worth!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. At work I am spotless, eat well, drink lots of water, perfect diet but as soon as I get home the sh#t hits the fan and I end up eating cereal or something sugary! UGH
    Just have to keep on tugging and moving forward! Remember you need to do this for yourself!!!! Not to look better than someone else! Make it a challenge to look better than your present self!
  • phyllis45
    phyllis45 Posts: 25
    Options
    thank you all !!!! I feel better today!!!!