Help: HRM Watch

Options
I just bought a Sportline S7 HRM watch. I read all the directions and re-read but I can not figure out how to get my HR. I changed all the information (date/time, age, gender), I then put my finger on the sensor to get my heart rate. It looks like it's working and then after about 8-10secs it beeps and goes back to the time without registering my HR. I've tried reseting the watch and everything but it will not register my HR.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Me too...I forgot how to turn mines on. My HR is off. I have a schwinn.
  • kleguisamon
    kleguisamon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recently got a Sportline Solo 915 and it does the same thing during the most rigorous part of my cardio workouts -- right when you really need it to work. I'm still playing around with it and trying to get the hang of it, but it seems like if I slow down my speed just a little -- so my wrist is more 'stable' -- it has a better chance of catching a HR reading. Of course that's frustrating when I'm in the middle of a good cardio blast, but even more frustrating is getting no reading at all. Try to make sure you aren't pressing too hard on the sensor. I've heard of these things picking up "muscle noise" which will disable it from getting a reading. Also, make sure you are using the soft pad of your finger, rather than the tip. When that all fails, I sometimes use my ring finger instead of my index. Hope this helps! Good luck! If you find another solution, let me know! :-)

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]6899244.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • manit1117
    manit1117 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This can be really frustrating. I've tried just about every finger (light tough, pressure) and nothing. I've tried both wrist...nothing! I had my husband wear it...nothing.

I read on sportline.com that the HR symbol should be active on the date/time screen. Mine is not...could this be why? I have an email into sportline for help. Would anyone know how to turn on the HR?
  • manit1117
    manit1117 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump...

anyone else have any suggestions?
  • kleguisamon
    kleguisamon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To turn on the pulse-read function, make sure you're in the "normal" screen: the regular watch mode. Press and hold the reset button. That will turn on the HRM and you'll see the little heart icon. I've been having better luck with my unit now as I've ben playing around a little more. I've noticed for me, if I have it on the inside of my wrist, and press my thumb on the sensor, I've been gtting more readings. Sometimes I still get the little beep and nothing registers, so when that happens, I just immediately try again. Hope you're having better luck with your watch than you were earlier.