Does anyone follow WW?

Options
I just joined last week but I'm living the WW lifestyle. Just wondering if there are any other WWers out there.

Replies

• TheLastValkyrie
    TheLastValkyrie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually was on WW for a long while however their new system just doesn't sit well with me, hence coming here. (I'm sorry but fruit HAS CALORIES!! and I need to count them *chuckle*.) Here's hoping you find current WW people though. :)
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I followed WW for years, lost weight but fell off the wagon and had a hard time getting back into it. I find MFP much easier to follow and works just as well and free! Good luck.
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    I'm doing both right now ... but I've noticed on the points plus .... I run out of points faster than the old system and on here. I went over on my points every single day last week and was under my calorie limit of 1300 on MFP.

And I agree about the fruit and veggie thing ... WW says its a zero to get people to eat more of them rather than processed foods -- but they have calories and I too feel like I need to count them realistically.

Do you use the mobile site? I'm just curious because I use it on my EVO and have a lot of problems getting things to load in. MFP's mobile site is much much better.
  • thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh I totally agree about the fruit. Many people doubled or tripled their daily fruit intake just because it is "free" and couldn't understand why the gained. I gave the new plan 1 month and it just wasn't working for me. Now I kind of do my own thing but try to follow the Simply Filling Technique.
  • thin4life67
    Options
    There is alot of tweaking done with the new plan. My daily points went from 18 to 29. I was 5-6 points short every day and felt like I had to force myself to eat. Now I just focus on the guidelines.
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    OMG YES I found that too , I wasn't losing weight so i plugged in all that I ate and was barely hitting 900 calories, that wS even with the fruit, so now I follow this but still get them to weigh me and I stay for the meetings, but as for points and free fruit .... I'm not following it at all. I keep waiting for them to bust me and kick me out LOL
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    so I'm going to keep doing both for the next 3 months (because my sister in law paid for a 3 month membership for me) and see how I do. I did WW like 10 years ago and lost 40 pounds. So i'm keeping my fingers crossed that something will work again.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Of course, I do WW... isn't that how we met? :wink: Funny thing about fruit and veggies, I don't worry really about either on of them (other than how fruit effects my blood sugar). I figure I didn't get fat eating fruits and veggies!
  • thin4life67
    Options
    funny girl!! :laugh:
  • alphasigalum
    Options
    I do both programs and for me, I am generally hiting my daily calories on MFP but not my points on WW. I think it's because of the "free" fruit thing. I have been successful at both, I actually have lost over 45 pounds in 5 years and have kept it off for the most part and that was following the WW program. I really enjoy WW and hope to become a liftetime member one day. LOL
  • Merlesgirl
    Options
    I, too, am doing both WW and MFP. The thing I'm working on balancing right now is increased activity and the proper food that needs to go in to make it all work. I'm finding my protein numbers are usually over in MFP even when I'm under or just making the recommended servings/sizes in WW healthy eating guidelines (2-3 servings of 2-3 oz).

Figure between the two plans, SOMETHING'S gotta give :)
  • Lholford
    Lholford Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a former Lifetime Weight Watchers member that fell off the wagon as well.....WW worked extremely well for me until I stopped following their guidelines and then I gained back all that I had lost plus another 12 pounds :(

I'm tracking all my food through here and just convert in the evening to points to make sure I'm staying within guidelines. I'm following what I used 5 years ago which was the "Winning Points" system . I don't see any reason to change what I already know. I did not rejoint WW this time around as $40/month is just not in the budget right now and I can't see paying $18/mo for the Etools when I can do the same thing here for free.

I really hope they will add a generic column to our "nutritional values" area so we can track our points on here.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I used to until... umm.. Monday this week :noway:

I wasn't following it properly and when I did, I didn't always lose which was very demotivating. It's also quite expensive and I personally didn't rate the quality of their website or apps. When I reported problems with the website and apps they replied with "that's just the way it is and we're right" effectively and that really put me off their whole program. I liked it when I could attend meetings but it just didn't cut it for me as an online-only resource :/

Another friend on here also told me how fab MFP was and when I started using it I could see why - the crowd-sourced food list for me is fabulous and really makes it easier to track even when you go somewhere you aren't familiar with because SO MANY people have already logged stuff in.

I'll see how it works when I'm in Paris next week though - that will be interesting!

I also used to be a fruit "junky" which is why the 0PP fruit and veggies thing wasn't really a good idea for me!!

Good luck with what you decide to follow. I think it's very interesting that people have followed both WW ProPoints/PointsPlus and MFP and found big differences in the allowances.
  • dkk1953
    dkk1953 Posts: 24
    Options
    I started using MFP this week, but at the end of the day I, too, figure up what my food choices are in "points language". But I am not following the new program - I'm following the WW plan available to us in 2004 called Turnaround because under that plan I lost 35# and got to lifetime status (which obviously I lost or I wouldn't be here)
  • thin4life67
    Options
    Wow...so I'm not alone in this WW compared to MFP thing.
  • dkk1953
    Options
    I've been keeping track of both this week

1st day of tracking: 1613 calories - 30 WW points (from old plan of 2004 where I would have gotten 26, plus 35 extra weekly)
    2nd day of tracking: 1412 calories - 24 WW points

down 1# this week
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a Lifetime WW member as well. Lost 32 pounds, and have (for the most part) kept it off!! I continue to follow WW to maintain my weight, but I use the points system that I started off with -- it worked for me the first time, so hey, why not. I too, log my food in MFP, and then convert to points. I really like the suggestion by a previous poster to add a column to MFP to track points -- would be very convenient.
  • dkk1953
    Options
    That would be a nice feature!! I make sure I put in my notes at the bottom of the page what my daily points are so I can keep a record.