Newbie, want a lifestyle change

Options
ohyeahjen
ohyeahjen Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new to this. I have a lot of changes I want to make. I'm 5ft, 28yrs, overweight and surprisingly in overall good hearly acording to my latest dr visit. I'm not diabetic, no hbp, cholesterol is good....no health issues to worry about yet. I'm very lucky and I want to make sure I stay healthy. I want to lose weight, have more energy and feel more confident. Any tips?

Replies

• Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    We have a group that is starting up called Losin it!! if you're interested go to community, then groups, the search for us and request to be part of the group. I'll accept you. you can also send me a friend request if you'd like.
  • MekaylaBunn
    MekaylaBunn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal! I've been at this a while. I'm down 40lbs. and want to lose another 40. My biggest thing was stop eating so much. Drink water before you eat. Drink water when you think you're hungry. I never realized that I mistake my thirst for hunger. I thought it was a no-brainer. But I really misinterpreted my body's needs. Try it. It really helps.
  • ohyeahjen
    ohyeahjen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback! I've been drinking so much more water and cut out soda. I still drink sweet tea(only as a treat and in small amounts), I'm southern so it's a must but I switched from sugar to stevia.