Are you happy in your job?

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    Great question. I was a recruiter then employment coach for fortune 100 companies and have heard many responses to this question. I LOVED what I did. But, like @callsitlikeiseeit, who is in a similar role, it can have a burnout factor. I've been on disability for almost 3 years now and while I miss helping people, I don't miss the mental toll it took on me.

I've been doing this for almost 15 years......

totally,burned. out.

I have to FORCE myself to work every day, and hired a couple of writers to take over most of that. I try to only deal with the more complicated cases and revisions.
  • pixlikesitcrazy
    pixlikesitcrazy Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yep, I love my job, I work in a small pet boutique, we make healthy hand made treats, sell custom accessories and clothing. My goal is to open my own location someday.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!! After 26 years of working for horrible companies, I finally got and LOVE my dream job. I have been a graphic designer for years. Now I am a graphics manager for a small print shop. I have never, ever looked forward to going to work. I love my crew, they are the best!!
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    YES :love: like fuk. I don't make a crap ton of money and I'm stressed out to the max 99% of the time butttttttt my team is amazing and they accept my vulgar crazy personality the way I am. Plus I'm really good at what I do and I get to be a super *kitten* and slap lawyers around most of the time :lol:
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    depends which day you ask me. Overall I don't mind the actual work and I like most of the people. But sometimes we get dysfunctional political bullsh!t going on and it drives me insane.

I am looking for other opportunities but nothing has come up yet. I think it's time for a change.

I work at a university in the research office dealing with contracts and grant applications and general administrative boring stuff.

I have recently finished a teaching degree but have not pursued it as yet because hard to get work as a teacher and the pay cut is also pretty huge from what i am earning now... So I wait and wait and see what happens...
  • NemEhes
    NemEhes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not even a little bit. 60 more days of work left before I go to to dental school. I've been counting down for months.
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm a civil engineer for a power company and I love doing what I do. It helps that the company treats their employees really well.
  • dalem54494
    dalem54494 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a CISCO Network Engineer and love my job. The only time it ever gets stressful is if there is an outage which thankfully are few and far between.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Used to love my job. In the process of closing down a plant. Lot of people will lose their jobs, while those who remain will be picking up a lot of responsibilities until the actual closure. My job is not at risk, but the stress is great lately. Unfortunately, I couldn't go elsewhere and make the money I make here. So, I must stick it out until I don't want to deal with it anymore. Luckily I can retire this year if it gets too great, but I would prefer to work until 2019. I have a feeling that someone is going to plss me off soon and I'll just quit on the spot. Hope not, though.
  • myfavoriteyear
    myfavoriteyear Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    just started the job a few weeks ago. the pay blows but supposedly they're going to up it after the first 90 days. Also the boss tries to be buddy-buddy with us and is planning a happy hour. I have no intention of walking into that trap!
  • Dekayla13
    Dekayla13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hate my job. I'm a cook, it's stressful and long hours with no breaks. I've been with my current company for over a decade and used to love the place despite it's flaws, but unfortunately our new management is terrible and has made me want to leave the restaurant business all together :( I'll never understand how they have people who don't know how to work in the kitchen running the place and tell us what to do....
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I hate my job. I'm a cook, it's stressful and long hours with no breaks. I've been with my current company for over a decade and used to love the place despite it's flaws, but unfortunately our new management is terrible and has made me want to leave the restaurant business all together :( I'll never understand how they have people who don't know how to work in the kitchen running the place and tell us what to do....

First of all: he|| yes to the sailor mars profile pic.

Secondly, I went to culinary school but never ended up pursuing an actual career in cooking for those exact reasons. And most executive chefs are aholes in my experience. Insane egos.
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love my job because it's meaningful, there are many new things to learn, and I have the opportunity to develop my skills and become one of the few people in my country who can do this job. I'm a doctor in radiotherapy and oncology. Not well paid yet but I've got high hopes for the future :)
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Not really happy...work in the Department of Corrections.....just a stepping stone for right now until I get into probation and parole.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I run a restaurant, some days it goes well and we smash it and it's brilliant. Some days the staff act like children expecting me to fix their petty issues, some days the customers all treat you like dirt and the 60 hour Weeks can kill me at times. All I know though! It's maybe a 60-40% split at the mo... 60% of the time I'm happy
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I am a housewife. I really like it, I want to make my family happy and live a good life with them and I am free to focus 100% on that.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Totally agree. If my kitchen starts to go down, I jump in and get them back on track as I'm just as strong as my kitchen manager on the front line! You need to understand foh and boh equally to run a place well!
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i'm dead inside
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I used to be passionate and excited about teaching. But after 23 years, I'm bored and burnt out. I have to stick it out for seven more years until I retire. I have too much time invested to walk away and lose my retirement.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Love being in the military. 10 years in and still enjoy what I do.
    That's fantastic! Thank you for serving. :)