Suggestions for the gym

Options
Hey all,

I'm looking for something to change up my routine at the gym. I usually go on the treadmill or elliptical machine. But I'm looking more for suggestions on other cardio routines that I can do while at the gym. Suggestions please.

Thanks

Replies

• Gabrielbk97
    Gabrielbk97 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Stair masters
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    skipping also called jump rope
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine
  • Powerlifting_Viking
    Powerlifting_Viking Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    jacobs ladder is a killer, also if your gym has a pool, swimming is excellent cardio. Try looking into HIIT programs like Jim Stoppani's HIIT 100. Not your typical cardio, yet HIIT training has a huge effect on cardio.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm with BusyBee rowing machine I love. Very time effective and does most of your body. I just do 8x30 second sprints 10 sdconds rest. No matter what your choice can only benifit. Nice to mix it up!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Cut down on cardio, and start pumping iron! :)
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Stair masters

Stair master for sure. It says I burn 600cal in 45 min with a speed of 96 stairs per min. Probably over inflated but you get one heck of a work out on it...

• KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    The ARC trainer is also good if you have one. I rotate between elliptical, arc trainer and recumbent bike.
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Are you able to take classes? Nothing mixes things up as much as a nice variety of classes.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Spinning. You don't need to go as fast and as with much resistance as everybody else, nobody will know how much resistance you have on your bike except you. Spin classes are fun, and you can do them even if you are a beginner.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I love the AMT Free Motion Arc Trainer. It allows me to have as long or as short a stride as I like and works like a hybrid between a stair climber and an elliptical with no impact. Also, look into HIIT programs that are similar to things like P90X or Insanity. Absolutely killer cardio routines mixed in with body weight exercises.