Nice surprise this morning . . .

Options
Madwife2009
Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
I've been hovering at the same weight for the last two weeks and have been really frustrated by it, being as I've been doing really well since last August. The weight I've been hovering at was 201lbs, which made it even more annoying as I've been keen to get to 199lbs and get that photo of the scale! I nearly went into the "it's not working anymore, why should I bother?" mentality but I stopped myself from making a mistake that would compound the problem and carried on with a calorie deficit and regular exercise whilst trying to control my emotions over it. Measurements hadn't changed either which just made me feel worse about it all.

Did my weekly weigh-in this morning and found that I'd jumped the 199lbs point and gone down to 194lbs! Talk about a shock, albeit a nice one. Thinking back, though, the "static" problem was mainly water retention due to 1) being female and 2) a muscle injury.

Just goes to show though, keep at it and results WILL follow. And I only have another 7lbs to go before I am in the "overweight" BMI category - more motivation :)

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Nice job. You go girl! :)
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done you :-) I was also of the same mind set until I read something on here and then had a light bulb moment and yes now I am slowly losing too :-)
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • MrActiveForLife
    MrActiveForLife Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up, that 7lbs will go in no time!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Woot! You gotta love it when the 'woosh' finally happens :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is what helped me last week to get rid of all that water: blend a cucumber, mix with lime/lemonjuice and fresh mintleaves, add grated fresh ginger and some water. Let it sit either overnight in the fritz or drink it after a couple of hours. I find it delicious and it did help me a lot!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Way to keep at it and not give up!!
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! Kudos for your determination.
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing because it's a frustration we all go through-nice to hear of your success. Stick with it!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Proof that just sticking to the plan WORKS!!! Yes!!!
  • Jussilu
    Jussilu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Boy, I needed to hear that. I've been the same weight for 3 weeks. Thanks for the motivation.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Aww. thanks guys :) I am more determined than ever that I will finally (at some point in the near future) be free of the excess weight I've carried around for decades. It's gonna happen :)
  • ElisabethSarahRose
    ElisabethSarahRose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!