I need to eat more calories but how???

Options
So for a while I had a problem with eating way too many, but now I don't eat enough. Over the past year or two I've developed a lot of food sensitivities which means I have to cut out gluten, soy, dairy, most corn products, most nuts, most beans, most seeds (not chia or flax), bananas, most grains (quinoa sets well with me, both oatmeal and rice are a hit or miss), as well as limit my banana, egg, coconut, avocado, corn and dried fruit intake. I've hit this point where I eat the same thing everyday, which I don't mind, but I don't get nearly enough calories - maybe 900? I don't wanna keep drinking protein smoothies to meet my calorie needs, but can anyone suggest recipes or snack ideas that will provide me with higher calories.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you are likely eating more than you think you are. i see a lot of measuring cup entries when it should be in grams
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Add liquid coconut oil or MCT oil to your smoothies! All be good!! :)
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Add olive oil to your veggies. A few tablespoons a day can easily add up to 300+ calories.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    ribeye, bone-in
  • zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Did you actually get allergy tests done? I thought the same thing as you and it turned out to be non food environmental allergies causing the issues. I was so worried about possible food allergies, it really calmed me down when I found out it was something that could be fixed just by telling someone to spend a few bucks more on the clothes detergent lol.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    if you don't mind eating the same thing every day, then simply just eat more of those things to increase your calories.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eat more of what you are currently eating.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have just as many food restrictions, if not more and I have no issues hitting my calories when I want to.