Trying everything!

Options
murlandpierre2016
murlandpierre2016 Posts: 42 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm trying to lose weight and my stomach!
I currently have a sweet sweat waist trimmer, im taking super colon cleanse, exercise every day and watch what I eat. I even starve myself n just drink water which I know is bad for me.
Anyways, any tips will be nice

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    You can't zap fat in one area.

You have to drop the weight to get a slimmer waist.

Figure out your Calories in Vs Calories out and start adding workouts.

good luck!
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    Thanks!
  • majigurl
    Options
    I used to try and do this because are lied to. There are sooo many products out there that promise a toned belly if you just do "this". ( let if be diet pills, workout video, belts, cleanses, smoothies. etc etc.

It's bs...

You can't have a toned stomach without dropping the weight first. it makes sense when you start thinking about it.
    Workout out your abdominal muscles will create a stronger core, but will not give you a flat belly.

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    As I said on another thread, abusing laxatives can lead to unpleasant and potentially dangerous long term effects and does not cause you to lose fat.
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    You're right, I've noticed that.
    I've been working on core exercise but I see no improvements and I'm 3 weeks in.
    I'll focus on losing the weight first then tone.
    Thank you! Hope you're doing well with your journey.

P.S: I bought the Lyfe Tea (flat belly) it doesn't work. I was in the bathroom 4 to 5 times a day...yes TMI lol.
  • majigurl
    Options
    As I said on another thread, abusing laxatives can lead to unpleasant and potentially dangerous long term effects and does not cause you to lose fat.

^^^ this...

Anything that promise quick results or *easy* way around the hard work.. avoid at all cost.

• murlandpierre2016
    Options

I only start the cleanse last Friday...you can only use it for 7 days every 2 months. I'm not abusing it, and it doesn't even work
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Using laxatives for 7 days when you don't need them is considered "abuse".
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Basically, the first step is to change everything you are doing. Follow mfp, profit.
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options

Hmm maybe I don't.
  • majigurl
    Options

Hmm maybe I don't.

You really don't. Laxatives are not for weight loss.

• murlandpierre2016
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Basically, the first step is to change everything you are doing. Follow mfp, profit.

I do follow mfp, I'd have 400-600 calories left and don't use them. Yup I'm doing this all wrong.
    I'm planing to start weight watchers soon.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yes, leaving 4-600 calories on the table every day is not correct. Weigh all solids, measure all liquids. Profit.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    It's easy to accomplish your goals!

Accurately log the food you eat.
    Accurately log the exercise you do.
    Make sure you are in a caloric deficit.

No need for laxatives, saran wrap on your stomach, or any magic pills. Science!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

I do follow mfp, I'd have 400-600 calories left and don't use them. Yup I'm doing this all wrong.

As an example, I looked at your diary for yesterday: 230 cals for spaghetti w/ground beef (And sauce, presumably). Unless you only ate about 1/2 cup of that, you exceeded 230 cals there. 1 cup of cooked pasta alone is 200 calories.

Weight Watchers is just calorie counting, still. It's a little easier, since you get neat prepackaged meals. But, the mechanics are still the same. And, no. Fruit is not 0 points, regardless of what the plan says :)
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options

As an example, I looked at your diary for yesterday: 230 cals for spaghetti w/ground beef (And sauce, presumably). Unless you only ate about 1/2 cup of that, you exceeded 230 cals there. 1 cup of cooked pasta alone is 200 calories.

Weight Watchers is just calorie counting, still. It's a little easier, since you get neat prepackaged meals. But, the mechanics are still the same. And, no. Fruit is not 0 points, regardless of what the plan says :)

I try to add my daily intakes as accurately as possible, and I do portion control. I had maybe 3-4 spoons of the meat and pasta, then I had a seltzer water