EGGS

Options
eggs are my staple breakfast, i tend to eat 2-3 a day. i know theres all this hype over the cholesterol in them and was just wondering people opinions?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Debunked
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the cholesterol conent in food. Dietary cholesterol doesn't affect blood serum cholesterol. As far as I'm concerned, eggs are a near perfect food. They taste great, they're really culinarily versatile, and they have a wonderful macro and micronutrient profile.

Look at it like this: contained in that little egg is everything needed to grow a life (excluding the fertilization aspect). How could that possibly be bad for you?
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I frequently eat three eggs a day.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yes - 2 is the limit. :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the cholesterol conent in food. Dietary cholesterol doesn't affect blood serum cholesterol. As far as I'm concerned, eggs are a near perfect food. They taste great, they're really culinarily versatile, and they have a wonderful macro and micronutrient profile.

Look at it like this: contained in that little egg is everything needed to grow a life (excluding the fertilization aspect). How could that possibly be bad for you?

This.
    Also, that dietary cholesterol is beneficial for healthy hormone production.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 2 a day. Eggs are great for you.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 most days and don't worry about it.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options

I agree with all of this. I eat 3-4 eggs per day sometimes and I've never had issues with high cholesterol. I also follow a Paleo diet. My Mom who eats (in her mind) a very healthy SAD has high cholesterol, I've tried to convince her to eat more eggs instead of her oatmeal for breakfast but she won't budge :)