I keep going over.......

Options
I'm having a really hard time staying under calories...I seem to go over by 100 or 200 everyday...even when I work out... I was doing really well and lost 20 pounds...and ive been stuck for the last few months...Help!!! (Some days I go over by a lot more...but the majority is 100-200)

Replies

• emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    have you tried eating every two to three hours, smaller meals, 'they' say it's best for your metobilism anyway......and going over by 100 isn't that big of a deal I've heard, but try eating smaller meals just more often to try and stay not so hungry :-)
  • radioloren
    radioloren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

When I first started doing this, I went over my calories a bit too, It's very difficult to go from eating anything and everything to limiting yourself...so going over at first is kind of expected. It is a drastic change. Slowly but surely you should be able to adjust to your lowered calorie amount. At first it seemed crazy that I could only eat 1400 calories a day, but now I'm so used to it, that sometimes I'll eat 1100 or 1200 and still be full! Another trick is what you are eating....if you fill up on things that are high in calories and not nutrition, you'll get to your calorie goal fast, and you won't feel full. So try a little each day to cut back, and eventually you will get there :). Good luck!
  • Aunt_tiki
    Aunt_tiki Posts: 1
    Options
    I would make sure you are getting plenty of veggie and fruits. Also drink lots of water. Sometimes we confuse thirst with hunger. Also protein (healthy lean proteins) helps you stay fuller longer
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals and snacks in advance. only eat something extra after you have exercised, and make sure it's healthy.

If you have a set plan it's harder to fail!!
    Good luck :)
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i follow Kendrick Fitness on FB. He suggests 5 meals every 3 hours. your main meals should be below 500 calories and snacks/in between meals under 300, this would keep your metabolism up. Also dont over eat since overeating can also make your metabolism slow down.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    The only way I stay on track is by planning. I start with dinner which is the one meal daily I eat with my husband (so he has input too) and my biggest meal of the day. Then I work backwards and plan my lunch, then in the morning I know how many calories I have left for breakfast. If you look at my diary now, lunch, dinner, and snacks are already planned for tomorrow.
  • Nealann
    Nealann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do better when I plan all my meals for the day and type them in ahead of time... it seems like a lot of work to add more. I also let myself go over occassionally.... I read somewhere that we should try to stay with it 90% of the time so... 10% of the time we can go over...

That extra 200 calories every 7 days or so should be ok... especially if you occassionally add an extra walk in. Don't give up
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    I was also having this problem. For me, if I type in the night before what I am going to eat the following day, I seem to stick to it better, due to pure laziness of not having to search for things and type them in again.

Also if I see I am going to go over by just a tad, I will take the dog for a walk or make several trips up and down the stairs to ease the guilt.

Good luck to you!
  • nuttyutty
    nuttyutty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is all about portion control. Eat less and you'll weigh less.
  • carissaxoxo
    carissaxoxo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You guys reminded me about when I was planning my meals ahead of time was helping a lot! For some reason, I stopped that. Thanks :):)

I think a big part of it is I feel so deprived when I don't eat what I want and I see other people enjoying it. I get frustrated.