Green Smoothie!

Options
emmaline8
emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
I just made a super low cal, but filling and delicious smoothie!

1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup fresh watermelon
1/4 cup almond milk
2 cups baby spinach (or more.. i kept adding because you can't even taste it!)
a sprinkle of cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
a handful of ice

and blend!

it's so yummy, even my little brother who won't touch a vegetable liked it! after a few minutes, it turns into more of a juice than a smoothie because there's no yogurt or anything, but i'm sure you could add that. it was about 120 calories and a good amount.

Replies

• TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    oh my, want to try. thanks!
  • VanessaFaith
    VanessaFaith Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try it! I try to eat spinich leaves in my salad, but I never really eat enough... great way to add your greens and fiber!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Sounds delicious, can't wait to try:)
  • dolores55
    dolores55 Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks for sharing I needed to add greens to my smoothies keeps the post coming.
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    I like spinach any which way but cooked. This sounds great!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies...and yours is a great recipe! I've used kale as the green too (a lot of people rave about it), but I prefer spinach. Like you say, you can add a bunch and never taste it!

I use zero fat greek yogurt instead of the banana as a binder, and water or a combo of water and juice (pomegranate or cranberry as the liquid)...and frozen berries as the fruit. DELICIOUS!!!!
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't mind my ignorance, but when you say you add spinach to smoothies, do you mean in the form of spinach leaves like lettuce, or the frozen spinach?
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I used Fresh Express Baby Spinach right out of the fridge. It comes in a bag, and I didn't freeze it.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    :smile: