A daunting task need to loose 100+ pounds

Options
Thistimesforrealxox
Thistimesforrealxox Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
Right where to begin.. Iv always been a big girl (was fat through nearly all my childhood) and I've just become 18, I need to loose over 100 pounds and the thought of that is just depressing, how on earth I let myself get to such a high weight (being lazy and eating to many bad foods all the time) iv tried dieting/lifestyle change since I became 16 but all failed miserably. Now getting my butt into gear started doing exercise and eating better. My boyfriend of 3 years is great support and doesn't push me to loose weight at all. However I'm doing it for myself rather than for him. Just going into my second week of my journey and its seeming a lot easier than the first. I can already feel my body thanking me for it. Craving sweet things is my hardest challenge I'm also known as a emotional eater so I think staying motivated is the key. Would be great to make some friends for motivation here. So feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• dsadburrito
    dsadburrito Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was in the same place as you when I started, I had 111.6lbs to lose to be at a healthy BMI. I was a fat kid who grew into a fat adult with bad habits. I've lost 81.6lbs so far and I am the laziest person I know.

IF I CAN DO THIS YOU CAN DO THIS.

Stick with it. Don't give up. You will have bad days, and bad weeks. Just get right back on track. I can't tell you how many times I went to Wendy's and had 2000+ calories after a regular day of eating. Just get back on it and you'll get there!

It will take a long time. It won't happen overnight.

My biggest advice I can give you is PLAN! I have a whiteboard calendar where I plan all my dinners for the month. I prep my lunches on Sunday nights for the week. I have 2 over-easy eggs every morning. I have PLENTY of snacks throughout the day. I log everything into MFP in the morning or night before so I know where I stand and if I can have an extra snack or not. Weigh everything that goes into your mouth.

I sent you a friend request!
  • bwb87
    bwb87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! Also in week 2, and I'm agree with you about the difference of eating healthier and exercising. My struggle is also stress eating. Now I'm not eating fast food, which I used to eat often (I've never craved sweet stuff as much, my vice is greasy cheesy savory foods).

At 300 lbs, I technically have 116 lbs to lose to get to 183, the upper limit of the "healthy weight" of for my height of 5'10".... My realistic goal is to lose 100 lbs to get down to 200. I would be so happy at that weight, and who knows once I get there, I will probably want to continue to lose... but yeah, that's what I'm shooting for.

But I'm not going to worry about that right now. Right now, I am working on controlling my action and mindset DAY TO DAY. I've messed up already (weekends ugh) but after I do, the next day, I don't let it stop me. My short term goal is to be down to 275 by June 1. Good to meet you!
  • MrsB65
    MrsB65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I started in March 2015 I set a goal to lose 175 pounds. As of today I have lost 120 pounds. Only 55 more to go. I will not lie it has not been easy but, I keep pushing along. I am much older than you (43) if I can do it so can you.

I am doing this for me but, also so I can be around for my 2/12 year old.

I track EVERY single thing I eat or drink no matter what it is. This helps keep me honest. and I try to get at least a 20 minute walk in every day. I also aim for 8,000 steps a day. I do have my slip ups but, I pick myself up and get right back on track.
  • WinnieLearns2BStrong
    WinnieLearns2BStrong Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was a healthy kid who grew into a fat adult. Wheb we couldnt afford my cheerleading anymore, was when i crossed the threshold into fat. I went from working out strenuously three days a week for hours at a time (and eating a LOT to compensate for all the lost calories) to not working out at all (and keeping the poor eating habits, of course!) in a month. I also have a lot to lose (90 in order to be healthy for my height) so feel free to add me! Its much easier if you dont go it alone, like ive tried to do in the past.
  • MrsB65
    MrsB65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    MrsB65 wrote: »
    When I started in March 2015 I set a goal to lose 175 pounds. As of today I have lost 120 pounds. Only 55 more to go. I will not lie it has not been easy but, I keep pushing along. I am much older than you (43) if I can do it so can you.

I am doing this for me but, also so I can be around for my 2/12 year old.

I track EVERY single thing I eat or drink no matter what it is. This helps keep me honest. and I try to get at least a 20 minute walk in every day. I also aim for 8,000 steps a day. I do have my slip ups but, I pick myself up and get right back on track.

That should read 2 and 1/2 year old. It's gotten a lot easier to keep up with him with every our I lose

• jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi there @Thistimesforrealxox ! I'm jnmrie. You can call me Sam.

I began in March 2015 with 133 lbs to get to the highest "healthy" weight. My plan is to lose 148 lbs in total. So far I have lost 106 of those lbs. It is possible. Be honest with yourself, log everything accurately, and if you feel like you've messed up just log it and move on. Patience and persistence. If you'd like you can friend me. I'm always looking for active friends.
  • Dream2BSkinny776
    Dream2BSkinny776 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Daunting it is....I have lost some but still have to lose over a 100 pounds. Want to be friends...I have only 1.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I restarted yesterday - I lost 68 lbs and then gained 55 lbs back -
    I need to lose a minimum of 137 lbs and really want to lose at least 87 by the end of the year when I graduate
  • unicornbeagle
    unicornbeagle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's always hardest to get started and you're already in week #2! You CAN do this!
    I'm looking to lose 60+ lbs and got started about 3 weeks ago. It wasn't easy but I feel better every day.
    I sent you a friend request
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey .. I was 347 (highest KNOWN weight) and I stayed within that range for all of my 20's and a portion of my 30's. I'm 37 now and down 73lbs. Best thing you can do is recommit every morning.. And keep doing what you need to do, even when it sucks to weigh your food and log it .. Even when you see no point. Just get into the habit of logging in here everyday. Or you can be wishy washy and 25 years down the line still trying to lose the same weight. Also .. I'm pretty lazy. I hate working out. So I take walks and I eat all the foods I like/love, just a whole lot less of them.

You can do it.

Good luck!
  • princesskingdom
    princesskingdom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just stepped on the scale earlier this week and was in shock to find out that I'm a few pounds short of 300 pounds!

I really like what @eringurl33 said about making the choice logging in every day or to not log in and still battle loosing the weight years from now.

For me personally, I just can't stop eating at times. Even when I know I'm overeating, I keep eating. At times when I'm strict with myself, I do better and praise myself for being strict.

We can and will do this!
  • ToshaLyn
    ToshaLyn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started at 222 pounds. I got down to 192 back in September. Now I've been stuck at 199 for five ridiculously long months. I'm ready to get back on track and meet my goals!!! We have to take it one day at a time. I believe in myself and in you too!!
  • cupidsclwn
    cupidsclwn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I've tried replying to a few of you. I too have 100lbs to lose. I laugh now, thinking that 20lbs was a huge journey a couple decades ago. I look to that day now.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my motivation has been captured and being held at some local pizza parlour.

If you need a friend, someone to talk too. One who can understand and be supportive. Pick me!! I need the same :-)
  • Sess73
    Sess73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose as well. I am currently at 265, dedicated to making permanent lifetime changes this time around (have been as high as 320 lbs on a 5'4" frame). I'm not sure how to add friends yet, but feel free to add me.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do this, and you are worth it!
    Think of it this way, a year from now you could be at your goal!
    It is hard to do at any age. Today, 3/12/16, is my 4th anniversary on MFP. I started at age 60, 290 #. Today, I am 130#, and have been on maintenance for over 2 years. If I can do this, trust me, anyone can.

You will be surprised how quickly a year goes by.

Best of luck to you!

• Thistimesforrealxox
    Thistimesforrealxox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sorry only just saw the replies I got on this post, thanks everyone for the responses! I'm sure if we all try hard eventually we will get to our goals! :)
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Kudo's for wanting to do this while your young. I wish I would have and worked at it harder when I was your age, but here I am trying to do it at age 50. I, too, have over 100 to lose. Feel free to add me. Anybody on here the same applies feel free to add me. I'm doing it in Baby Steps, trying to do everything overnight didn't work for me. doing it in Baby Steps I'm changing one bad habit at a time.
  • KristineArden
    KristineArden Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do this, and you are worth it!
    Think of it this way, a year from now you could be at your goal!
    It is hard to do at any age. Today, 3/12/16, is my 4th anniversary on MFP. I started at age 60, 290 #. Today, I am 130#, and have been on maintenance for over 2 years. If I can do this, trust me, anyone can.

You will be surprised how quickly a year goes by.

Best of luck to you!

Wow! Good for you!! What has helped you stay motivated to continue?

• CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I can relate!
    I have 120 lbs to lose. And I have 18 months to lose it in for my wedding. My goal was 80lbs for this year, but I've spent 2.5 months battling the same 5lbs! It's just a motivation issue for me, and a stress eating battle.
    Having such a big number to lose can feel impossible. But you CAN do it